Quantcast

Bike Fashion hits the Runway...SHOES!!!

fatcats

Chimp
Apr 4, 2005
wtf, they come up with the ugliest shoe and say its for biking and its not even clipless! how are they going to sell them?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
fatcats said:
wtf, they come up with the ugliest shoe and say its for biking and its not even clipless! how are they going to sell them?
ummm.....not bike shoes dude...it's a style of casual shoe....modeled after the styling of your typical cycling shoe....it's not ACTUALLY intended for riding. Skechers is just trying to spin off the popularity of cycling to the general public...or to bikers that love their SIDI's but can't walk in them to the Starbucks....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Jeremy R said:
If you show up anywhere near me with those fhag wraps on your feet, you will be striped repeatedly with a wiffle ball bat plus the usual mental battery.
Not if I show up with a 230lb linebacker/fhag who takes offense to that statement.... :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think the No.1 financial problem with cycling is that there is zero crossover sales. Soccer jerseys, hiking boots, and snowboarding jackets all sell to non-participants. But cycling clothing does not sell to non-cyclists. Case in point, those fugly shoes...

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I feel extremely gay knowing this, but those are not a copy of cycling shoes I think they are a copy of a style Diesel produced. My wife has a pair of of the Diesels and they are...well, sometimes it is better not to comment.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Pegboy said:
I feel extremely gay knowing this, but those are not a copy of cycling shoes I think they are a copy of a style Diesel produced. My wife has a pair of of the Diesels and they are...well, sometimes it is better not to comment.
Yep, those Diesels shoes have been out for years and years now.
Sketchers pretty much copies all their cheap azz shoes.
They are the KHS of the shoe industry. :blah:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I am glad I am not the only one who knows this, I gotta get out of here before this turns into Queer Eye for the straight guy. Loo is already Pm'ing me fashion tips.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
it does seem to be a new trend... been seeing them everywhere, but not really on anyone's feet just yet ;)

lots in the ladies section of zappos.com

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Jeremy R said:
Yep, those Diesels shoes have been out for years and years now.
Sketchers pretty much copies all their cheap azz shoes.
They are the KHS of the shoe industry. :blah:
ummm....how do you know about Diesel and what their hottest shoe styles are there "Colin"? :eek:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
ill tell you this,, those are very popular amongst the metro's and gays in LA.. wear if you want,, but you wont catch me in em with a pair of man capri's on :nope:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
bizutch said:
ummm....how do you know about Diesel and what their hottest shoe styles are there "Colin"? :eek:
Because I am a fashion expert and I recommend you getting a pair of those shoes with some nice unisex capri pants. They will really highlight your cankles. :blah:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
sanjuro said:
I think the No.1 financial problem with cycling is that there is zero crossover sales. Soccer jerseys, hiking boots, and snowboarding jackets all sell to non-participants. But cycling clothing does not sell to non-cyclists. Case in point, those fugly shoes...
But who wants to walk around town in spandex?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
its cause i'm always walking into bars with my spd shoes on. sweet i started a trend.
**** you to all you clippless haters!!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I'll admit it. I have a pair of the diesels in black and I have a pair of the KC Reactions in yellow. Does this make me a metro.
The diesels are wicked comfortable if you have a desk job. It's like walking around in your socks all day.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
sanjuro said:

very smart comment.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
are you suppose to ba able to bike in them, because unless they have something built into them to make you pedal even faster and easyer, than no one out there would even want to put them on

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
dw said:
Wow, I honestly can't say I saw that trend coming.
From Footwear News Aug. 2002:
Athletic styling has found its way into almost every category in the men's market, including dress and casual shoes. Watch for cycling looks to move from pedals to ...

Haha, my job isn't to design suspensions & bikes... but footwear ;)