Quantcast

bike fit and then some..

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
for the longest, i rode around a 19" gary fisher marlin , for about three or four years actually and it was not meant for trails but rather as a cummuter for work and such etc, etc. but as it turned out i have a good friend whom is a dirt jumper and so we started trail riding together and dirt jumping and i quickly grew tired of it as i felt as if endureance and stamina and strength and speed mattered more...it just felt right.

so now i have my first road bike. i tried the 56.5 and the 58, the two direct in line with one another in size. the 58 was toO much for me so as was at the time the 56.5. yes, this is a crit kinda bike bbut me being hella dumb and not being able to save my money, i could not afford some high dollar two in one kinda bike and so it was either the tarmac or the rubaix. the rubaix (at the time, not the new sl or whatever that is a bad ass) and the allez sucked donkey nuts and hairy, non shaven, extra long and curly with crabs in the curls donkey nuts if you care to come along and take a ride on that not so fantastic voyage to imagine what that is like....(i've been to Mexico and i must say....uhg. just nasty, something to never wanna remember but can't help it. dem girls is gross and now you it is in your head to ..haha.

anywho, yeah, my knees were hitting the bar when i stood up in the pedals and jogged so the stem was extended. just now on a short 40 miler to ge tthe blood flowing and get some food and sunshine, i moved the seat all the way back and raised the seat up a bit...the post.

feels pretty good and as i become more flexible i may need a setback post but the bike frame is definately the correct size.

eh, just sharing like i said i was going to. 3:19: something on the bike and only hit it in spurts in 53 x 12 and then maintained for a few miles in 53 x 13. it's windy and i was not going to use any unessaccary energy the day before this 'race' is to happen. wasn't worried at all about speed but more getting the absolute best seating arrangement for myself so as the only minimal amount of energy was wasted and for me to have enough core room as these weak stomach muscles get all strong again and push me back up.

i adjust and readjust numerous times on the bike.

still have a few ten mile all out sprints to do in about an hour or two and that will be it for the day. then come pasta and bananas (<--get it?) and plenty of water and boiled eggs....and some serious rest although i'm sure i''ll be too physched up to fully r.e.m. but who knows.

the tarmac is a great frame and the only differnce betweet the elite and others of the same denomination is the componentry so i think i came out okay all in all.