Quantcast

bike for 800???

p1jmper

Chimp
Dec 26, 2004
so cal
right now i have a p-1 with dirt jumper 3's and want to get a new bike i really like the evil bikes and i have been lokking into them .so what dj bike should i get for 800 and under?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
you wont find any complete, new evils for 800. your best bet is to buy used or get a frame and build it up with parts from your P.1

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
what about the imperial or the konas my friend just got a chase 2 he likes it alot but thats 1100

ya go with the chase 3 its nice and its got a awsome graphic so it looks really cool lol

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
mcA896 said:
you wont find any complete, new evils for 800. your best bet is to buy used or get a frame and build it up with parts from your P.1
i second this idea... but probably because thats what im doing right now.

flat broke

Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, CA
I'll third that. On the Evil's if you're gonna do that, you better get down to your LBS and get an order in quick. I believe the DOCs and Sovereigns are just out of production and I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes (probably a decent size preorder/list going on). On the Imperials, las I heard back in early December, they would have the next run available in about 6 months? Either way, the MSRP on those frames is going to eat almost all of your $800. Either go used (there was a decently spec'd 243 on Ebay last week) or swap your existing hardware onto a different frame (is the P1 busted?) and replace it as it breaks, or get your name on a list for an Imperial and ride your P until the new frame comes in. Then in the mean time save up some more $$$ to upgrade the other components you don't like on your P right now.

Chris

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Go with the Chase series if you dont want to spend more then 800 on just a frame. My friend just got a Chase 2 and I might have to get one now. It is sooo sweet. Very nice bike. Good job by Cannondale

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Check out hte chase man. I got a chase 3 and i love it. The parts on it are fine i made a few mods to it like chopping my cassette down and changed out the brakes for some spare avids i had but otherwise its a great bike that doesnt really need much changed. They retail for 825 i think for a chase 3. If you have any questions just shoot me a msg.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Sweet set up on the cassette. Any Chase in the series is nice. It looks like just a really stiff and well built frame. Im considering buying a Chase 1, so well see how that gos. I have a Jekyll now, I might just keep that for a trail bike and run the Chase as my all around bike. Well see....