Quantcast

Bike Friendly Hotel in Port Angeles

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Port Angeles Super 8 General Manager Dan Kim wants you to know that they are bike friendly and that they welcome you bringing your “clean” bikes into your room. That’s totally refreshing, considering how much we get chewed out for taking bikes into our rooms. He is also setting up a wash station complete with water, brush and rags. Your room comes with a complete breakfast. I stayed there once last year and the waffles rock!. Dan has also claimed that he can provide competitive pricing for other hotels in Port Angeles, WA. So gve them a call: Ph ( 360 ) 452-8401 Let them know that you learned about this from Bones Over Metal. And don’t wait to get your rooms reserved for May’s race. It’s a national and will attract more riders than usual.

Oh, just booked a queen room for 60+ tax. for the next race.

I will be making Twitter updates like this via the Bones Over Metal Twitter account.

Last edited:

Squam_DH

Chimp
Feb 24, 2009
i just booked a room with 2 queens for 43 a night:shocked: + tax for the race next weekend.

Stoked bikes are welcome cause I forgot to ask!

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
yah I don't wanna give up my bike friendly motel to everyone lol. King was a huge room and $50 plus tax. Two queens was the same price, probably could have fit 4-5 bikes in the king room, the queen rooms were 3-4 bike friendly. And only a few blocks from Redlion and Peaks Brew pub (can we say damn good beer)

Also at the last shuttle day i went back to SOHO bistro ( its on the main drag keep going west and don't turn to go up towards safeway ) the food was really quiet good and had some good noodle dishes and other asian fusion food and what we ordered was fresh veggies, meat and noodles for under $10 a plate. Good healthy food is always nice.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I've heard that there will be no alcohol allowed at the race next weekend according to posts at Pinkbike and the Fluidride website but unfortunatley I can no longer access either of those thanks to the IT censors at work. Can anyone confirm this rumor?

It doesn't bother me any but it will be strange to see a few of my friends on bikes without beer...

Thanks.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I've heard that there will be no alcohol allowed at the race next weekend according to posts at Pinkbike and the Fluidride website but unfortunatley I can no longer access either of those thanks to the IT censors at work. Can anyone confirm this rumor?

It doesn't bother me any but it will be strange to see a few of my friends on bikes without beer...

Thanks.
cut and pasted off of pb:

PLEASE NOTE: AS WITH MT HOOD, THERE WILL BE NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PERMITTED AT ANY EVENTS AT DRY HILL. PLEASE RESPECT THIS TO HELP PRESERVE THIS GREAT RIDING ZONE!

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
#1 For the record, all of the hotels listed on our blog are bike friendly, as long as you don't leave a trail of mud leading to a pile of mud. Additionally, we have tried to include places in every price bracket that have contributed to the cause over the years. True, the Red Lion is not the cheapest place in town, but they give back by letting us use the ballroom for the parties and movie nights, providing room credits for prizes, helping us put up the timers at little or no cost, etc. Since they are a sponsor, lets try to give them the respect they deserve.

#2 As for the booze. This is an effort to decrease our and the landowners liability for the good of the hill. In the past this has been basically unchecked and everything has been fine, we just want to be consistant with Mt Hood, and maintain an atmosphere that parents are comfortable bringing their kids to. Also, it's a long drive to wherever most of you come from and we would hate to contribute to anyone having an alcohol related issue. We're all responsible adults so no one is going to go around sniffing coffee cups, just please respect this request, which is all it is at this point.