Quantcast

bike illegal skateparks

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
thats awsome i wonder about some of the places we ride, if a large group of us went out and tryed to do the same thing, what would happen,

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
mill creek skatepark yes, MY parents payed for it, and there tax dollars goes to maintaining it, lighting it and repairing it. i know of 35 ppl in mill creek whos a biker who would help out. you know of any other parks? tax payer dollar funded? that would be the easiest to conquer

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
I'm not a BMX or street rider, but I'd show up to support. I know in Chelan it took us years to get a park, and after a couple years the city was trying to cut costs and tried to take away the park permanently. My buddy, who is a hardcore BMX'er and was pretty much heading up the fight to get the park, was consistently pounding on the city council members to get the ramps put back (wooden ramps). Finally they did it and the park is still there.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
wow, those AZ have it hard.

there is a park in midland that doesn't allow bikes.

seems strange to me.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
man Im feeling for them...the cities been talking about tearing down my local trails to build a road (Japanese Gultch) I hope they dont though.

Man if a protest like that was organized for BMX kids (if we had the same problem) I would show up on my bighit just to give my support.

I think if we (the mountain bikers) had a problem like that, we could pull off some serious protest, I know I would show...and probly half the active people in this forum when they found out.