Quantcast

Bike Kill

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Some of them come by the shop sometimes (the CHUNKs who moved their habitat zone to Brooklyn).

Went to one of the Bike Kills this summer in brklyn, free beers, smelly people and dethbikes abounded.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
man that is one crazy day!!!!
bike frames welded on top of another..
then they joust each other..
the ride in cirlces and see who can finish a sixpack of tallboys the quickest.. then they sprint down a street and ppl throw stuff at them to try and knock them down from their 2 story bike. serious sytuff like other bikes, bowling balls, a carraige!!! trash!!!!
then the try and ride over a bunch of matresses all stacked up against each other
plenty of beer flowing..$1 a bottle!!!!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
eventually they start pissing on the matresses sop if you fall your in trouble.. then as the night goes on they set them on fire

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've been to a couple chunk-style drunken madmen parties in an old live-work industrial space in SF, dudes would get welders, cutters, and other crap going and turn out new stuff to "ride" all night...had piles of scrap bikes and parts and would just weld 'em up on the spot. Super sketch, lots of fun.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
hooples3 said:
ahh yes memories i remeber feeling so out of place there cause i had a normal singlespeed
I made it to the one in Red Hook over the summer. Pretty good stuff. Thankfully they'd popped a fire hydrant becuase the heat was fierce and the beer didn't help. There is always gutter punk attitude, but for the most part its good fun.

Strangely, I've only met Chunksters out of uniform and they're pretty much normal people with normal people lives. Black Label is a different story, I know very little about them...