Quantcast

Bike painting time!!!

WSUDirtrider

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Montesano
Okay, the time has come to finally paint my frame. Now I just need everyones outlandish and crazy ideas on what color/scheme. and yeah, black is not an option since thats what color it is now... oh yeah, I can bust out the airbrush on this one too so lets hear some ideas!!
Jake

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Well with the Apple Cup coming up I would be painting the bike Crimson and Grey-no doubt about it. Mostly a Husky fan but I follow the Cougs also, even went to the Rose Bowl a couple of years ago. I think the Cougs should win be 30 or so.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I'm painting my ss all pearlescent white, and am going to brush a city skyine about 1/2 length of the toptube. It's called the "Bar Hopper."

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Has anyone ever tried to strip the paint from their bike and simply clear-coat it nekkid? My fork is soon to be completely gorgeous - and I want my baby to look just as good :D

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
strip the frame all the way down. sand it a bit. then let it it in paint thinner in a pan tottaly submerged over night. then spray clean. clear coat evenly. worked well.

isn't the rhino liner stuff heavier than crap! looks cool!

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
A friend of mine had his done with the Rhino lining and it totally looks like s**t now. It might be scratch proof but it isn't flake proof!! His is flaking off real badly. Maybe it is because you can't spray it on thick enough, not sure.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Jr_Bullit said:
Has anyone ever tried to strip the paint from their bike and simply clear-coat it nekkid? My fork is soon to be completely gorgeous - and I want my baby to look just as good :D
Don't listen to the hippie. If you want a good clear job, the best is clear powder. Finding good clear in a rattle can is near impossible.
Ask for clear flat powdercoat. It goes on thick and looks pimp.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
buildyourown said:
Don't listen to the hippie. If you want a good clear job, the best is clear powder. Finding good clear in a rattle can is near impossible.QUOTE]

who said anything about a rattle can?!?!?!
air brush babby!!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
HippieKai said:
buildyourown said:
Don't listen to the hippie. If you want a good clear job, the best is clear powder. Finding good clear in a rattle can is near impossible.QUOTE]

who said anything about a rattle can?!?!?!
air brush babby!!
ok.
My point was that cheap clear looks bad a lot quicker than cheap paint.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
ok...
in that case your right.
but i don't buy cheep paint.
well....not for my bike, i rattle can my truck when it needs a touch up.