Quantcast

Bike Park in Argentina!!!

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Hi, folks, I will eventually update the info here, but I couldn't resist posting this, since I got very excited about it.

A friend of mine lives in El Bolson, Río Negro (www.elbolson.com), and yesterday he told me some of the guys involved in the filming of the NWD8 here in Argentina are developing a whole bike park down there. It seems they're going to have freeride bikes for rent, a hotel, and a lift. Lots of wood transitions, northshores, and a dirt jumping zone.

Digging a little in the web I found Evomo is going to be a sponsor.

Here is a video about it which aired on ESPN+ latam some time ago:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aJqbwMxpDKA

I hope he'll send me some more info by the weekend.

I encourage everyone to come down here. Patagonia has a lot of resemblance with the North Shore of Canada, and it's sensibly cheaper (a US dollar equals to three Argentinian pesos) for foreign travellers.

Cheers,

Luis

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Argentina is already on my short list of places to visit. I heard there is a lot of good riding in the area around Bariloche and El Bolson.
Yup, the weather is very British Columbia-like. So are the slopes and woods. There's a downhill track at the Cerro Catredral, and within a 150-mile range there are a great number of small towns with great riding areas: El Bolson, San Martín de Los Andes, El Paimún, etc. Plus, the locals are very friendly, and won't hesitate to take you to their secret tracks.

However, you must remember Freeride is just a newborn child. There are other guys building tracks at their hometowns all over the Andes from Ushuaia to La Quiaca, but the LAT42 park will be the first one of its kind down here.

Well, if you plan on coming all the way south, don't hesitate, and drop me a line, I'll be glad to help you organize your trip!

dft

Chimp
Apr 27, 2004
don't forget about peru, probably the best place in south america to ride. has singletrack descents of 12,000 feet. many many 5000-6000 foot descents. epic riding for sure.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I visited Argentina for my honeymoon last year and it was amazing. It was the very beginning of Spring so I opted to go Snowboarding at Cerro Catredral but I'll bet the riding is amazing...the scenery certainly is. :thumb:

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Been to Cerro C and it definitely left something to be desired in terms of freeride terrain. Mostly rutted out goat trails and fire roads. Also it hadn't rained in months when I was there and the dirt was like moon dust. I imagine some water would have made it a lot more fun.

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
don't forget about peru, probably the best place in south america to ride. has singletrack descents of 12,000 feet. many many 5000-6000 foot descents. epic riding for sure.
where exactly in peru. Close to Lima? When I was surfing down south a Lima we stopped in a town called ASIA and I found a shop renting out cannondales. They were closed so I didnt talk to them. I'll heading there again this winter so I would like to do some riding. I'm assuming the riding would be out towards cusco but not sure? My wife is from Lima so we visit often.