Quantcast

bike park

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
The Kadvang said:
Why put in a indoor bike park somewhere the weather is good year round?

because half of the good trails in california are illegal to ride on? i dunno. seems like mtbers are being shut down by the man

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
The Kadvang said:
Why put in a indoor bike park somewhere the weather is good year round?
Sac doesn't exactly get good weather all the time. I'm not sure that the SC area does either. I'm pretty sure both places are wet in the winter months.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I dunno bout you guys, but unless the "indoor bike part" has a ton of good dirt jumps, I'm gonna go ride my mountain bike in the mountains. For free. With a lot more adventure. In the real world.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
bikenweed said:
I dunno bout you guys, but unless the "indoor bike part" has a ton of good dirt jumps, I'm gonna go ride my mountain bike in the mountains. For free. With a lot more adventure. In the real world.
Smart Man. I have to agree on that one. don't get me wrong, riding Vans was alot of fun, but i always felt like i didn't belong. "where's the dirt? where's the trees? why is there an arcade and a mall right there?"

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Ok, speaking from a business stand point (since I have a BA in business I feel the need to post this here :D ) as a business owner 1st attracting customers would be hard, because they could ride for free very close by, which would take from my business (profits) 2nd, you can ride real trails year round in Santa Cruz wether they are legal or not. 3rd Real Estate in Santa Cruz is riduclouuuuuuuuuuuuuuus! The amount of money needed to bring in to cover lease, let alone insurance, salary for employees etc. etc. probably would not be enough considering all potential customers would be out riding trails at all the well known spots around town. Keep dreaming Jim, in wake of whats happened with Vans, Cali, and Sand Hill anyone trying to open an indoor park in Santa Cruz would be out of their mind.

It just wouldn't be a smart investment.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
scurban said:
Ok, speaking from a business stand point (since I have a BA in business I feel the need to post this here :D ) as a business owner 1st attracting customers would be hard, because they could ride for free very close by, which would take from my business (profits) 2nd, you can ride real trails year round in Santa Cruz wether they are legal or not. 3rd Real Estate in Santa Cruz is riduclouuuuuuuuuuuuuuus! The amount of money needed to bring in to cover lease, let alone insurance, salary for employees etc. etc. probably would not be enough considering all potential customers would be out riding trails at all the well known spots around town. Keep dreaming Jim, in wake of whats happened with Vans, Cali, and Sand Hill anyone trying to open an indoor park in Santa Cruz would be out of their mind.

It just wouldn't be a smart investment.
There's no way an indoor bike park would stay open for any substantial amount of time. Why? There's no customers! Not just because there are rad, free trails, but because there aren't really a whole lot of bike riders around. I don't care what anyone says, has NorCal had any skate parks NOT shut down in the last four years due to lack of funds/riders? Vans didn't make enough money. Sk8 station over in Monterey made no money. The San Jose Ramp Club made no money. I'm hoping Ramp Rats and the Nor Cal Ramp Club can stay open for many years to come, but all the others parks have closed their doors due to lack of business. I think it would be kinda cool if there were some indoor dirt jumps, but I'm not too optimistic about it. Long live the mountains.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i didnt think it was true. it was just something i heard and i wanted to know if it was true or not. to me it sounds like no one else had heard this rumer and there is really really no posibility of this earther. i was thinking if it was true it would be something like Rays mountain bike park, but oh well