Quantcast

Bike Park

Abramsrau

Chimp
Apr 6, 2010
Hello

I just joined this group to ask a few questions. My son who is 9 wants to ride in a bike park that is like a skate park with hills and step ups and such. We live in Huntington Beach and the skate park in Costa Mesa doesn't allow bikes. Does anyone know of one that is close to HB. My son is 9 and very inexperienced in this kind of thing but loves it and I want him to try it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Hello

I just joined this group to ask a few questions. My son who is 9 wants to ride in a bike park that is like a skate park with hills and step ups and such. We live in Huntington Beach and the skate park in Costa Mesa doesn't allow bikes. Does anyone know of one that is close to HB. My son is 9 and very inexperienced in this kind of thing but loves it and I want him to try it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
cant particularly help you, but i find this very important for kids just starting out. He WILL 100% POSITIVELY GET IN EVERYBODY'S WAY, its not his fault, just how it is, try to find a day that whatever park you go to is not busy. This will help him have room to improve, and also decrease opportunities for other riders to yell or taunt him for being in their way. An empty park is always the best time for a beginner to learn.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cant particularly help you, but i find this very important for kids just starting out. He WILL 100% POSITIVELY GET IN EVERYBODY'S WAY, its not his fault, just how it is, try to find a day that whatever park you go to is not busy. This will help him have room to improve, and also decrease opportunities for other riders to yell or taunt him for being in their way. An empty park is always the best time for a beginner to learn.
think before you speak. Down in SoCal, parks that are bike friendly are few and far between.

I know the Etnies park down towards San Juan allows bikes, but only 2 or 3 times a week.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i'm not from SoCal . . . but that truly sucks to hear that the birthplace of bmx freestyle doesn't have bmx parks.

how far is Woodward West? are they open non-summer times ?

if you can't find anything . . . i agree, go at the crack of dawn and let him have the place to himself. even good riders enjoy an empty park.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I would recommend the Sheep Hills dirt jump park in Costa Mesa. It's not a skate park, but dirt jumps and hills that he can learn on.