Quantcast

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yesterday was the ribbon cutting of a new bike parking spot in Bend. It's a primo spot right in front of Thump Coffee in the heart of the downtown district. They reclaimed a car spot and put in a giant red bike rack an artist designed and donated. Things sometimes work out for the better for cyclists. :thumb: I appreciate the effort this city puts forth to make it more cycling friendly.

Attachments

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
they need more bike parking here. I hate it when I cant park my bike right in front of the tavern, walking sucks!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
During the Olympics here in Vancouver, the city set up a bunch of bike valet stations around town. It was a fenced in area that had a full time attendant. Much like a coat check, you'd roll up with your bike, they'd tag it, and give you stub. It was totally free, and awesome.

Not needing to carry a lock around and fiddle around with wheel and seat and helmet removal and locking makes taking your bike downtown a lot more pleasant.

Semi-relevant...

Congrats on your bike rack.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
During the Olympics here in Vancouver, the city set up a bunch of bike valet stations around town. It was a fenced in area that had a full time attendant. Much like a coat check, you'd roll up with your bike, they'd tag it, and give you stub. It was totally free, and awesome.

Not needing to carry a lock around and fiddle around with wheel and seat and helmet removal and locking makes taking your bike downtown a lot more pleasant.

Semi-relevant...

Congrats on your bike rack.
Yes, we have that for lots of the events around town. The Community Bike Shed staffs it and it's pretty convenient.:thumb:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm glad to say that the kids around here are finally ditchin the girl pants. Hardly any at the skate parks or schools anymore. That crap sucked.