Quantcast

Bike photos

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
ok...so since i've "officially" made myself known here...i thought i'd share some bike shots and get some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback...not monkey feedback!!! The first shot i had published in Dirtrag last issue...full page. Was soooooo cool!! Not working with the best camera...yet...but hoping to get the d70 or d200 after i finish massage school. :agree: Last shots are really blurry...but coulda been soooo good!! (story of my life :nope: )

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
jonKranked said:
nice shots. what's your current setup?
thanks....i have a nikon coolpix...an old one...and i'm just running on auto. I am actually going out today to take some pics of some bmx-ers at the local skate park to play around with some UNauto settings...but the camera is definitely limited. (fyi...don't have a stream of dirt jumpers for me to take photos of :()Gonna try a "constant focusing" thing and just play around...got any tips? :)

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I like the first shot because the trees draw your eye to the rear wheel / rider and then you notice that the front wheel is spinning, but the rear appears not to be. Cool.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Wow, if you can take those shots with a Coolpix. You may be insane on a Canon, SLR. As I said...CANON...the only way to go.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
VaNIlLin81 said:
Wow, if you can take those shots with a Coolpix. You may be insane on a Canon, SLR. As I said...CANON...the only way to go.
NIKON...all the way baby!!! :agree:

actually, before i purchase anything...i'm gonna hold them first...it's always good to hold something before you get it...don't ya think? :nope:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if thats what you are using, I'd suggest looking into getting an old school manual camera to start learning on before you get a nice cam like a d70. I picked up an old Canon AE-1 on ebay for around $100. yes its film but it will make it easier to learn the basics of manual photography.

edit: yes canon makes better manual cameras than Nikon. My AE1 is almost as old as I am (it was manufactured mid 80's) and still works flawlessly. For digital, its close, and I don't know much about them. But both Nikon and Canon pale in comparison to a Mamiya or a Hassleblad.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Canon is known for the WORLDS fastest SLR. Nikon has very nice wide angle and macro lenses, while Canon has the best IS and unique lenses as the 35-350. They also have the fastest camera, the Canon 1D Mark 2. Being a motorsports photographer I have never seen a Nikon on the field. I must say, I have a Nikon and a Canon. I use the Canon for sports, Lax, Soccer, ETC. But I always take my Nikon for scenerys and anything still life. I love them both, technology just keep on coming.;)

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
any thing on the Nikon D200? I hear it's suppose to be as close to professional...without the price...not that the price is cheap!!

I've actually talked with a lot of different people and have gotten very equal reviews of both Canon and Nikon. One thing i WAS told was that all Nikon lenses fit all Nikon cameras...no matter how old the camera may be...but not so for Canons. And the biggest tip a friend gave me was that i should definitely hold the camera and feel it in my hands...cause that will make a huge impact on what i decide.

With that said...massage schooling isn't done until next year...so i won't be buying ANYTHING until then...but you can bet it will be the FIRST purchase i make!!

Thanks everyone for your really great comments and support!!! :) You monkeys are alright with me!!:heart: