Quantcast

Bike pranks

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
on the climb, ride up next to friend, reach over and shift their gears.

ball bearings in the handlebars is good, the rattle is super annoying.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If someone leaves their helmet unattended, I like to shorten the chin strap by 2 or 3 inches, then discretely watch when they try to put it on.
One night while on a bar ride, after a number of hours of drinking rum and coke, I discovered a bottle of Tobasco and proceeded to dump the whole thing in my buddies helmet. Later on in the night, he put the helmet on.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Take a single BB and fix it to the inside of a stem/handlebar/frame with a dab of grease. In about a week it'll be driving them nuts. Works best on roadies, especially the tool that comes in every week and expects you to diagnose a barely audible, unreproducible click when they are "producing a lot of watts". :bonk: The "well here's problem" moment is always priceless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One night while on a bar ride, after a number of hours of drinking rum and coke, I discovered a bottle of Tobasco and proceeded to dump the whole thing in my buddies helmet. Later on in the night, he put the helmet on.
I poured generous amounts of red hot into the eyes and ears of some passed out drunk asshole. Moments before he had grabbed and dislocated one of my fingers for no reason. Somehow through the blinding pain and rage I managed some restraint and didn't do him serious bodily harm, I was going to just stomp on his face like I was putting out a fire. A few moments after the Red Hot I could hear him sobbing through the bathroom door while the shower was running.

Wow, that was totally off topic. The whole incident still gets my blood boiling.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I poured generous amounts of red hot into the eyes and ears of some passed out drunk asshole. Moments before he had grabbed and dislocated one of my fingers for no reason. Somehow through the blinding pain and rage I managed some restraint and didn't do him serious bodily harm, I was going to just stomp on his face like I was putting out a fire. A few moments after the Red Hot I could hear him sobbing through the bathroom door while the shower was running.

Wow, that was totally off topic. The whole incident still gets my blood boiling.
There's a Milkman Dan scenario for ya.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

Meh, the red shoe dance wouldn't have been to inappropriate.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Icy Hot or Atomic Balm in a chamois the night before a big ride...
Pure Cap is colorless....

Almost forgot. My white trash friend PJ decided to pull a trick on his alcoholic uncle that used to live with his family. My friend cuts his uncle's rear brake cable while he is at work, then happens to be riding by when Chet gets out of work. PJ challenges him to a race down the hill and Chester accepts. I don't know who got there first, but Chester lost.

The icing on the cake is PJ bought a new cable and fixed the brake before the rest of the family got home. They all thought Chester was imagining things.

smoke brakes

Monkey
May 18, 2007
one step closer to the lord
super glue on the seat - yes it works

zip tie - fixies to the post 10 feet off the ground , while standing on your saddle is always a hoot
hell even just zip ties at the end of a long night at the bar are a good one - you choose where to place em yourself -

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hands down the worst is about 4-5 ball bearings lightly greased in your handlebar. Just make sure that the bar has endcaps. Usually it takes about 5-15 minutes for the bearings to break loose from their grease, so the rider never knows it happened in the shop. :-)

Also, taking out the tube, re-installing the tire with a fake valve stem sticking through the rim.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
While group riding, grab a handful of somebody ELSE'S brakes or downshift for them, funny and usually harmless, although a knee to the stem can occur.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
While group riding, grab a handful of somebody ELSE'S brakes or downshift for them, funny and usually harmless, although a knee to the stem can occur.
I like grabbing someone's rear wheel when they're about to go. You get this great UNF noise and they fall off the front of the bike when it doesn't move.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I like grabbing someone's rear wheel when they're about to go. You get this great UNF noise and they fall off the front of the bike when it doesn't move.
thats a good 1 too, i feel the pranks moving are funnier than the mechanical ones, however, i once traded bikes with a moto style guy, he tried a wheelie and ended up on his back, i almost went otb just riding around, that ish was hilarious.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I can't believe this thread is still going!

I like that trick too- last time I did it, I got punched- I'm pretty sure he wasn't in a good mood before my attempt at being funny. Another fun game is to try and stall your buddy out on a tough climb by cutting them off and abruptly stopping. I find it makes the climbs go by faster because it makes it fun/funny.

Last climbing entertainment I know is to scoop and throw rocks with your front tire at your buddies bikes (while you are both pedaling up hill). Hitting tire is good, rims are better, and rotors are the ultimate. I've had one slam into my bash guard which was funny too. :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oh oh oh oh oh i forgot a GREAT ONE!!!! One time we took a tube of grease, photoshopped a new label and put it on so it was now "Pedro's Rim Grease" and got the new kid at the shop to use it right before a ride :rofl:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Off topic but in the interest of keeping the thread running strong.

When I was a wrench we used to call the other bike shops in town and mess with them. Anyone have any good bike shop phone pranks?

My personal favorite was:

Q: Do you have bearing races at your shop.

A: Yes

Q: Who's winning?

Usually resulted in confusion on their end while we had a laugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, ride up next to me and grab my brake, you'll get some pussy knuckles in your mouth.
man, you get butt hurt really easily don't you? or you just don't have many friends.

You think this is bad? I had a bunch of moto friends in high school that would do the same kind of sh*t... grab brakes and/or clutches at 30mph+, etc.

I worked with a guy in college who had been a roadie on warped tour a few times. He was there the one summer that the metal mulisha was on the tour. The stories he told me... :rofl: It wasn't uncommon for them to wake somebody up by dousing them with a bit of lighter fluid or gas and setting them on fire.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Says the guy who's messing with everyone's shifters and brakes and jamming sticks in their spokes while they try to ride. You sound like a dick to ride with.

edit: I'm not taking this too seriously, hope you are not either.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Says the guy who's messing with everyone's shifters and brakes and jamming sticks in their spokes while they try to ride. You sound like a dick to ride with.

edit: I'm not taking this too seriously, hope you are not either.
sticks? who said anything about sticks?

listen, if your response time is so bad that you can't handle somebody else grabbing a handful of brake for you, maybe biking isn't your sport.