Quantcast

bike quote

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I'm thinking about my next tattoo and I like the thought of getting a bike quote. I've been reading a few and here are the ones I like so far

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving" -- Albert Einstein

"You can't get hurt in the air, but you can't stay there, either."

"If you're in control, you aren't going fast enough."

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

Do the monkeys have any other good ones?

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
"On a mountain bike, you can cover a great distance in a short period of time, or a short distance in a great period of time. They say that the journey can be more important than the destination. In mountain biking, there is no destination. Just a bike, a rider, and a place to ride." -Roam: The Collective

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
"F-bikes" - Knuckleslammer

....but if you get that quote you have to get a pic of him walking his DH bike off that 2 foot "drop" :rofl:

BTW, quote tattoos = gay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have "Live to Ride Ride to Live" on my chest with a sprocket in the middle.

A few months after I got it, iH8Rice copied it, and poorly.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
From an old John Henry email...

Quotable Notable Cyclists

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike." - John F. Kennedy

"As a kid I had a dream - I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got he bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bike in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it in my bed." - John Lennon

"When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"Few articles ever used by man (or woman) have ever created so great a revolution in social conditions." - Fred C. Kelly

"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain - at least in a poor country like Russia - and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires." - Leon Trotsky

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain

"Next to a leisurely walk I enjoy a spin on m y tandem bicycle. It is splendid to feel the wind blowing in my face and the springy motion of my iron steed. The rapid rush through the air gives me a delicious sense of strength and buoyancy, and the exercise makes my pulse dance and my heart sing." - Helen Keller

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -Bill Nye the Science Guy

"Government must help to eliminate cars so that bicycles can help to eliminate government." - Advocacy slogan in Holland

"I'm not going to be doing any Tour de Frances or big mountain bike courses, but it's good to mix things up." - Shaquille O'Neal

"I thought of that while riding my bicycle." - Albert Einstein - on the theory of relativity

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race” H G Wells