Quantcast

Bike Repair School Question

bigginsr

Chimp
Aug 29, 2004
anybody been or know anyone who has gone to either barnett,s or
united's repair schools(how did they like it) ?
time for bigginsr to start a new career

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I didnt even know they had bike repair schools, I mean, there's only so many parts after all. That's wierd.

But if you're looking for a new career, Id steer away from being a bike wrench if you're planning on making any kind of money.
If you're just looking for something to do, then I guess itd be cool. But I hate bike shops.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
errr
everyone i know with a certificate from there doesn't know jack.
when i went to uscf mechanics class they really didn't teach me anything i didn't know, i just recieved a pretty certificate..

yes, it looks good on your resume. But really having a good background in a good shop means more.

J

JRB

Have you looked into man whore, or is that the career you are tired of?? :D

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I wrenched for 7 years and everything that I learned that was of value came "on the job". Wrenching is part art. You can't teach that in a course. Fixing small mechanical devices that operate under extremely harsh conditions requires as much feel (gained from experience) as it does knowledge.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i went to UBI but not for mech stuff. I took a frame building class instead. It wa a nice place but i couldn't see learning a whole lot from the other classes. Just start working at a shop part time.
kai-