Quantcast

Bike set up.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I can't seem to find a setup right now that I like for this time of year.
Hardtail: ZaskrX, 3" SID Race Carbon, Flat Carbon bars(not likeing the flatbar right now) Avid disc front, XTR V rear, XTR shifters, XT front der, XTR rear Der, XT 12-34 Cassette, RaceFace Nest LP ISIS TI BB Cranks, Magnesium flat pedals, XT Disc/Mavic 217 front, King Classic/Mavic 217 rear, Michelin Wildgrpper 2.1 tires.
Problem: Too speed freak, race, balls to the wall, brakeable, spacific, 22 1/2 LBS light and fast but feels sloppy joe in the rocks.

Full squish: Giant AC, 4" Marz. Z3 20MM, 1" XC Risers, Full Hayes 8" Disc, Next LP Square taper Ti BB, Mega knarly teeth pedals, Deore shifters, XTR front Der, XT rear Der, XT 12-32 Cassette, Generic 20MM Hub/Mavic 217 front, XT Disc/Mavic 223 rear, Nokion Gazzi Lite tires 2.3 Front 2.1 Rear.
Problem: Heavy 27LBS and slugush feeling

Extra Parts laying around: Marz. Shiver, 4" SID, 4" Marz XFly, Deore DX platform clips, Ultegra 11-23 Cassette

I like the hard tail more for short rides which I do more of in the winter but I want to ride more agressively than it will curently let me. I need to take everything down and build a bike for Jan, Feb, Mar. that will let me ride more agresivly but not gain to much weight on the bike.
Any ideals of combos??????

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
ChainWhip said:
Jody-

So the project here is to use the existing parts/frames/etc., to make this ideal-be-able-to-ride-more-aggressively-but-not-weigh-too-much sled?
Yup!!!

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I'm thinking
Zaskar, 4" SID, XC Riser Bars, Avid 6" Disc Front, Hayes 8" Rear, and leaving the rest of the hard tail as is Oh wait dump the Mich for the Gazi if they will fit in the SID. I'm torn between the 4"SID and the 20MM Z3.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I'm trying to keep the bike light on the scale since I have gained some weight and a big bike seems to push the idel of riding out of my head. Te super light bike makes me feel like my fat ass is going to break it if I do anything other than pedal.
PS I have lost 25LBS in the past four weeks.

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
jodysbike said:
PS I have lost 25LBS in the past four weeks.
Whoa.. 25 in a month :thumb:. Must be turning the cranks alot, eh?

Try the 4" sid, riser and the 2.1 tires.

What type of fork is the xfly?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
how you loose the weight?

I would build up the lightest bike you can. don't worry about breaking it, remember, you have to RIDE IT for it to break. :D

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
ummbikes said:
No!

Go to Capitol Jody, we can drive around and get lost then ride, you know like the old days.
I knew whaere we were at all ties!! Ya! with all the warm weather yhis week I'l bet snow is no issue at all now. Cap saounds good. Not to early. I may have a date
:evil: :evil: on Saturday night.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
ummbikes said:
Sweet, so are thinking Sunday may be an option? How about 10:00a.m.
Sounds OK. Let me check with Colin. He kinda ants to do Victor but I have something to do at 4pm Sunday that needs me home at 2pm to get ready for. I think Cap would be best but don't know what ride.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
jodysbike said:
Sounds OK. Let me check with Colin. He kinda ants to do Victor but I have something to do at 4pm Sunday that needs me home at 2pm to get ready for. I think Cap would be best but don't know what ride.

I hammered my shoulder riding today. I need to go to the doctor on Monday and get it checked. No ride for me.