Quantcast

Bike/ Shuttle Trailer

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
A great friend of mine has a Trailer he is wanting to use for shuttling and tranporting around 4-6 bikes. Does anyone have any suggestion on designing it, or any ideas. Any input is great. The trailer is 8'x4'. :cheers:

Jun 4, 2008
Pisgah
Cuz,The trailer at Snowshoe works really well.They have it set up so your bikes alternate from side to side.The first bikes bars to the right the next to the left.You can stack a lot of bikes pretty easily that way.

bullitman

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Buy a bigass truck like mine and slap a $40 dollar Dakine bag on the tailgate and you can haul around 7 bikes to the top @ once.BTW my truck is for sale because I can't afford to put gas in:rant::crazy::biggrin::nopity: it................

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Buy a bigass truck like mine and slap a $40 dollar Dakine bag on the tailgate and you can haul around 7 bikes to the top @ once.BTW my truck is for sale because I can't afford to put gas in:rant::crazy::biggrin::nopity: it................

Funny I saw a special on the news the other day showing peeps selling their SUV's to save money on gas.
It was like a mid 30 something thousand dollar 2yr. old SUV and they were gettin' like 16-17 thousand back out of.
Bought a new Honda Accord hybrid for like 24 thousand, the economics person on the news showed where the amount saved in gas would take like 75yrs. to make up for the deficit lost in the trade.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Funny I saw a special on the news the other day showing peeps selling their SUV's to save money on gas.
It was like a mid 30 something thousand dollar 2yr. old SUV and they were gettin' like 16-17 thousand back out of.
Bought a new Honda Accord hybrid for like 24 thousand, the economics person on the news showed where the amount saved in gas would take like 75yrs. to make up for the deficit lost in the trade.

Don't bring common sense into any discussion on gas prices. A buddy of mine just picked up a 2008 grand cherokee with 18k miles on it for $13,000 out the door. The original sticker was over $40k since it's loaded up with leather and a hemi. His total cost analysis (purchase, gas, etc) verses a similarly equipt car (leaver, DVD, nav, etc) worked out that the car was cheaper only past 400k miles. Most people don't drive a car that long. Of course, I would love for any of you to help out my bonus. PM me if you need suggestions on what car to buy. :D

bullitman

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
I love my truck and I love burning FOREIGN GAS,the more they ship over here the more I'm gonna burn..:biggrin: We could just drill in our country but we don't wanna kill one animal...................................:poster_oops::nopity::cheers::biggrin::crazy: bring back big gas suckin vehicles lets burn it all up while we still have it.. DO YOU HAVE GAS I DO...................................:biggrin:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
No, I work for a company that makes car parts. I too would love a 50 mpg diesel
I've been on the hunt for one for a little while now. I'm currently driving an Audi and I love it to death but 20 mpg plus premium gas and multi-thousand dollar repair bills get old real quick. :banghead:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I've been on the hunt for one for a little while now. I'm currently driving an Audi and I love it to death but 20 mpg plus premium gas and multi-thousand dollar repair bills get old real quick. :banghead:

the 50mpg shuttle truck already exist. You'll have to beat the ladies away driving this:

Yeah, I started looking for a diesel VW Jetta a while ago to commute with. They are so pricey if they are in decent shape that it doesn't make sense. The funny thing is that just 15 years ago we were taking diesel rabbit engines to the scrap yard for $50 while swapping GTI engines in. WTF were we thinking?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Ha ha - my landlord has one of those rabbit pickups. They are so funny looking but surprisingly very rare. I know he bought his off Ebay and drove from NC to somewhere in the Northeast to pick it up. I've seen several of those decked out with full vegetable oil kits.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Don't bring common sense into any discussion on gas prices. A buddy of mine just picked up a 2008 grand cherokee with 18k miles on it for $13,000 out the door. The original sticker was over $40k since it's loaded up with leather and a hemi. His total cost analysis (purchase, gas, etc) verses a similarly equipt car (leaver, DVD, nav, etc) worked out that the car was cheaper only past 400k miles. Most people don't drive a car that long. Of course, I would love for any of you to help out my bonus. PM me if you need suggestions on what car to buy. :D
You know whats funny is I've seen Tundra's going for less than Tacoma's out here in Cali. It's crazy cause the Taco's are like 1-2K more similarly equipped, and you sure as hell aren't saving that much gas. Funny thing is, if you account for the entire cost of car ownership (Gas, original cost, maitenance, insurace, registration), gas really isn't that much. The difference between filling up a Tacoma and filling up a Tundra is just a few percentage points. And that's coming from someone who has put 25k miles of cross country roadtrips on their car this year.