Bike socks @ work Poll

Bike socks @ work today?

• Yep.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Nope.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Of course, I work in a bike shop

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Not today, but I rock 'em any time I can!

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My co-workers have a game of spotting when I've got actual dress socks or bike socks on at work.
I rode this morning before work and just left my Turner socks on. They're grey, but I forgot about the black stripe on the back, so they called me on it.

So, since it's probably casual Friday, I thought it would be cool to see who's rocking bike socks at work today. Shop employees can play too!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
50/50. I work at home so a good portion of the time I don't really get dressed at all. Right now I'm on the living room couch in boxers and a fleece jacket. When I do go, which involves traveling to another state, we're casual so it's bike or running socks with jeans and a shirt or sweater.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I rock Wigwam socks for all occasions, even the for the job I don't have.
Ditto... that is about all I own.

Wigwam Ultimax mid's (or the "ironman" Tri version). I have 10 pairs of black and 6 pairs of white. More black bc I wear black for work AND biking, so they get used more often.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ski socks today... if I wear socks it's either bike or ski socks, but I wear heels most days. Today I'm rockin' the cowgirl boots :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sport smartwools every day for every occasion. However my dress shoes are a little too tight for my regular socks. My dress socks are bike socks.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
And speaking of socks, why aren't sock manufacturers designing cool socks anymore ? Most of them are black with a little bit of color. You used to be able to find some colorful cool designs, now it's just the land of bland.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have them on every day, I don't own other "dress socks."

Ski socks today... if I wear socks it's either bike or ski socks, but I wear heels most days. Today I'm rockin' the cowgirl boots :)
You can't post that here! Poor GFF is never going to get over you being married.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Smartwools are my bike socks, dress socks, casual socks, hiking socks.
Good call there, but I am a fan of these one Nike ankle socks that I steal from my wife for the occasional ride or always on runs. Wait, the smart wools have also been stole from my wife. Cool thing is, once I steal em, she don't want em back!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Crap I will regret this drunk posting- but the jilt of my Previous post was smart wool ftw

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I dont own any bike socks.

<edit> I dont own dress socks, either. Hanes ankle 6 pack at Target.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Actually I have a few pairs of black Army issue wool socks I sometimes wear with dress shoes for interviews and court dates.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Good call there, but I am a fan of these one Nike ankle socks that I steal from my wife for the occasional ride or always on runs. Wait, the smart wools have also been stole from my wife. Cool thing is, once I steal em, she don't want em back!

LOL... You wear your wife's clothes.
Nuff Said.
;)