Quantcast

bike storage in a van

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
i tried tos earch but didnt find anything.

I have a van an want to transport my bike in it. most van builds i have seen use a system where the front axle is fixed on a tray. i dont want to remove my front wheel.

so does anyone have any ideas?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
JBP's set up is really all you really need. You can also get some more significant straps like the sort used to tie down for motos. But if you want a rack system, Thule is good, so is 1Up. You can also get a sliding tray and mount the rack to that. I've seen a bunch of DIY stuff as well, with mixed results.

FYI the reason most people (including me) deal with removing wheels is because that way there is more room for a bed above the bikes.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
i have a single bed on one half of the van so height int an issue.

has anyone considered mounting a bike work stand and clamping the bike by the seat post?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
i have a single bed on one half of the van so height int an issue.

has anyone considered mounting a bike work stand and clamping the bike by the seat post?
You can get wall-mounted stands that would work and some mobile bike shops do that for working on bikes inside the van. You'd probably need a supplemental tie-down or two to keep it from flopping around. I personally wouldn't want to travel with my bike like that for any significant distance, particularly since for me I'd be clamping an extended dropper post and I wouldn't want all that pressure on the bushings.