Quantcast

bike swap meet 02/10 Westminster, MD

I guess this was covered under the "surrounding areas" part of the forum????

The swap is a good if you're into old-school fixie, road, and xc stuff. I've noticed over the years that the ammount of DH/FR stuff has decreased a little. Most of that stuff is being sold by other riders. But if your looking for alot of misc small parts (brakes, der, chainguides, etc etc) it's a good time. Go early, most of the good stuff goes quick. And stay late if you can, I sold a whole box of stuff, including 2 MRP chainguides for $5 just to get it out of my shop.

This year I will be selling soap. Last year the patchouli smell was over-powering.

Dave Kalt
Cyclist

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
HEY ! ! ! ! WHERES MY SOAP MF'ER ! ? ! ? ! ?

(on a side bar, is this the same soap we created in your basement last year while you screamed over loud speaker at me .. "you are not a beutiful original snowflake, you are not interesting, you are not special, you are the all seeing all knowing crap of the world!" i just finally grew my hair back and was able to have dreams again after that little episode, at least we fixed the credit problems of the world though)

P.S. clear your schedule for next monday or tuesday, Oh yes there will be trails. the VP free haunts my dreams, for real, i actually dreamt about sending it over the double on it. its an omen.

and yes ... im drunk .

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
Anyone who bus stuff from Dave better have good health insurance...just kidding

There has been quite a bit of DH and Freeride stuff the past 4 years. I am always able to unload lots of lat seasons stuff as well as pickup some little odds and ends for good prices.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
Anyone who bus stuff from Dave better have good health insurance...just kidding
- And this is comming from they guy who shares a table with Marvelous????

-As for my shedule next week......Hangover Monday*, Work Tuesday, Off Wed,Thurs, Work Friday,Off weekend.

*Hungover from post-swap downtown fredneck booze cruise.

Dave Kalt
Cyclist
Well if your lack of self control outside of the cycling community is any foreshadowing of the lack of self control you have on the bike, .... i expect to see you out Monday, unless it snows.

Good night black pot, this is the black kettle signing off.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i want to ride so bad, what are the chances of me finding a 20 mm to 9mm (standard fork) adapter at this swap?

When & where are you guys meeting up?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
i want to ride so bad, what are the chances of me finding a 20 mm to 9mm (standard fork) adapter at this swap?

When & where are you guys meeting up?
Slim probably :(

After the meet I'm sure I'll be heading to the parking lot near the police station in downtown westmonster to do some riding.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
cool cool, If nothing else Ill bring the free out to play. Im going to wear my purple dh jersey so if you see me let me know. I just moved to bmore and looking for fellow monkies.

Nov 28, 2007
Finksmister, Maryland
meeting at 2 (end of the swap) last building to the left (if you're exiting the building) Short DH run to the DJ's then downtown for street.

If it's freezing and windy I probably won't ride long, I can do cold but not wind.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I got a mad sweet animal fitted hat, an eastern woods research t-shirt, a maxxis minion tire, and an avid lever that I desperately needed. And on top of that, some douchebag stole our rake for the dirtjumps in the parkinglot!

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I got a mad sweet animal fitted hat, an eastern woods research t-shirt, a maxxis minion tire, and an avid lever that I desperately needed. And on top of that, some douchebag stole our rake for the dirtjumps in the parkinglot!
yeah I think there was a bike goblin in the parking lot. My bike wasnt the way I left it on the rack.

I had every intention of trying to meet up with you guys around 2. But i was piecing stuff together until like 2:45

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
yeah I think there was a bike goblin in the parking lot. My bike wasnt the way I left it on the rack.

I had every intention of trying to meet up with you guys around 2. But i was piecing stuff together until like 2:45
Is that why you moved your jeep closer to the front doors?

I want my damn rake back. I'll get you Carroll-County-rake stealer. I'll get you.