Quantcast

Bike Swap

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Has anyone heard about the Bike Stop, Swap, and Save in Carroll County, MD? This year it is on February 6, 2005 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. We went up there last year and found some pretty good deals. This year it is supposed to be in a bigger facility too and its heated. Here is the Link . Check it out if you get a chance. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
NotQuiteJdm said:
Don't bother getting anything good this year because im gonna be there scoopin up all the deals :-)
By the time you get out of bed, all of the good deals will be gone! :D

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
O for real. How far from the AG center would you say. I am driving there this year so I will have to find out how to get there myself. Ive only been up that way a couple of times but ive been in Carroll County many times so I know most of my way around.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I'll do my best to be there as I could use a coupla parts at a good price. I wonder if I should carry around my "for-trade" parts in a big backpack; I certainly don't have enough to warrant a table.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Thats a good idea. For some odd reason, Ive been biking since I was 5 but I dont have a big collection of parts like most of you guys. I only have one bike and some wrenches.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
llkoolkeg said:
I'll do my best to be there as I could use a coupla parts at a good price. I wonder if I should carry around my "for-trade" parts in a big backpack; I certainly don't have enough to warrant a table.
How do I fit by Titus Quaismoto frame into my backpack?

Haven't been up there to the swap in a couple years. Hope this place is bigger, and yes, the good deals do go right away.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Most Defenitely. I cant wait until Sunday. I am ready to see the new building and I will have a close watching eye this year on any good parts.

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
peter6061 said:
How do I fit by Titus Quaismoto frame into my backpack?

Haven't been up there to the swap in a couple years. Hope this place is bigger, and yes, the good deals do go right away.
Trust me it'll be alot bigger, when you get to the ag/farm area you'll see a big green building and be like "damn" I was just there earlier this morning and it's where the CC Sheriff's keep their Mobile RV and armored truck.

Went to take some pictures tonight and wondered on over to the ag center so here are 2 over exposed pics...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
If admission is $5, how much is a table? I have only enough stuff to fill one cardboard box, and most of it is used stuff I'd sell for $5-$10. The problem is I have some bulky items:

Front Hayes QR disc wheel w/6" Hayes rotor(Rhyno XL/14GA/brass/3X)
cromo fixed fork that came stock on my '96 StumpJumper
flat Ritchey bars that came stock on my '96 StumpJumper
1.5" Azonic DW riser
2.5" Azonic DW riser

I don't know whether to mooch off a buddy's table(less 10% service charge) or try to just carry my crap around with me from table to table while I search for a good deal on a rear 135x10 32H bolt-on IS disc hub. It seems my only options will be a Hadley, a King or a converted XT disc.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Well, that didn't work. The dude forgot my box of stuff to sell!

Either way, I got some great deals on a Saris Bones 3-bike trunk rack and some Maxxis and Intense DH tires. I couldn't believe how crowded it was! I had to make trips back to the car to stash my finds because otherwise, I couldn't maneuver through all the tables.

One change I wish they'd make- divide up the areas according to road, mt/bmx and clothing. There seemed to be approximately even numbers between these divisions and it would have limited my useless foot traffic through the clothing and road areas. Then,give each vendor a miniature pontification-limiting hourglass to turn over whenever random people wandered up and began to loiter in traffic B.S.ing instead of buying.

"Yes...uh huh...yes, sir...that's very nice, but can I help you find something? :help:

But overall, :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha, very true. I thought it was supposed to be in the new building. The new building looks like it could hold alot of floor space. Oh well, I think they should have two in a year, I cant wait that long. haha