Quantcast

Bike to Build

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
So this fall Im heading off to Boston for school and want to build a bike to bring with me. This will be for commuting and riding fun, but Ill probably stick with 24s and SS. I generally know what front end I want, but the problem is the frame. Ideally I'd like to be able to slap some 26s on there if I wanted to, but thats not a primary concern. As much as the molly is drawing me I shy away from rim brakes and would really rather have disk.

So the bottom line is really, should I get the molly and stop bitching about rim brakes, or look for (show me...) something else that meets the needs of dirt and street and disk (and I have a nice set of mtb spaced gusset cranks lying around).

If you vote molly give me some cheap, solid bmx crank and hub advice...
If your vote is other, help me out with some reasonable ht choices...

Thanks,
formermtboarder

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
properly set up 990s are the best bet for street imo. It was originally what kept me from buying the molly. After I got it built up, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it all worked together. My vote is for the molly, hands down.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
a molly would be great..if you want a frame that works with both 26 and 24's then an atomlab pimp2 could work well and feel solid with both. there are so many solid frames out now it's hard to figure out where to begin..but that's my 2 cents

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Alright so the battle is between a .243 sl and the molly. Thing about the sl is I could use alot more parts that I already have, ie it would be alot cheaper. I've heard so many awesome things about teh molly though...its a tough decision. On a side note, .243 is euro bb, yes?