Quantcast

Bike to Work Day 2012 - My loot!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Yep, it's that time of year again, National Bike to Work Day. This time, there were 7 Pit Stops on my work commute and I hit them all. loot loot loot!

What did you guys get, besides getting honked, run off the road, or cursed at?

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Wow!! Nice haul! I may have to try and locate one of those stations on way home. Can you just grab whatever you want? Can't have enough of that loot!!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There were precisely zero pit stops on my commute to work this morning.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Wow!! Nice haul! I may have to try and locate one of those stations on way home. Can you just grab whatever you want? Can't have enough of that loot!!
Yep, they encouraged me to take one of each item. However, over here, the stops lasted from 6-9am.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I typically ride to work at least 2 days a week, (50% of my 4 day work week). Yet somehow, no matter how many days a week I pedal to work, I've managed to not ride to work on ride to work day like 4 years in a row. :facepalm:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I was going to ride in today, but the wife was not pleased with the idea of me riding on the carpet in the hallway between the kitchen and the office.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
As it turns out I went right by one of the commute stations this morning. After looking at the station map I realized the pop up canopy I saw was the real deal. They had a "bike shop" sign on the street and I thought it was just the LBS trying to make a buck. But they are the official sponsor of the station. So, seeing as I just bought a shiny new puncture resistant tire from their shop last night, I think I'll stop by and recoup some of my funds from them on the way home!

Skibunny- did any of your 'offroading' there on your hill pick up any debris that may have gotten caught in the cassette to cause the drag?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Skibunny- did any of your 'offroading' there on your hill pick up any debris that may have gotten caught in the cassette to cause the drag?
Not sure, I'm thinking now that there was something in the brake pad, it was touching on one side and dragging when I just looked at it, so I adjusted that and the wheel seems to spin fine now. On my ride it was really grinding, like I could feel it every time the wheel rotated. Now I can't find anything grinding. Weird.