Quantcast

Bike-To-Work Day

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I rode from SF to Mt View. 40 miles, and I can barely stay awake at my desk.

Here are some the pics:

Typical SF weather

San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities

Great shot of Mount San Bruno

The racetrack I ride through

Palo Alto is a little different than SF

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Tomorrow is 'Bike to Work Day' here. Hey have a big rally down town with free stuff. I'll probably swing by early tomorrow morning and pick up a cup of coffee and a free t-shirt. Last year I won a $20 gift certificate to the mall.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Ah crap. I had no idea it was bike to work day.

I always make a point to drive on this day but I've been away/missed the memo and rode today.

Bummer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
hey. good job on the long commute. i never bike to work since moving out here. i would need a long nap after climbing and descending spooner summit.
huh huh... spoon her.... huh huh...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
justsomeguy said:

I always make a point to drive on this day but I've been away/missed the memo and rode today.

Bummer.
how long is yr commute?

the rain finally stopped so i was able to ride in. yeah, i am a pvssy when it comes to riding in the rain, esp on the road.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Nice job! I just found out there is this thing called commute options here. Where for every 45 days you commute to work, you get a gift certificate for a local restaurant. Not sure the denomination of it, but hey, I could have eaten like 20 times already I'm sure!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I would have loved to ride in today. Too bad it would have taken me 5-6 hours to get to work.

:(

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
narlus said:
how long is yr commute?

the rain finally stopped so i was able to ride in. yeah, i am a pvssy when it comes to riding in the rain, esp on the road.
4 miles, about 750 ft veritcal.

I had more rain rides commuting this year than the previous four years put together. I am done with rain rides for a while.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
justsomeguy said:

Bummer.
Yeah, the contrived "cyclists" who ride to work once a year are dangerous to those who commute regularly and are easy targets for my truck.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MisterClean said:
Yeah, the contrived "cyclists" who ride to work once a year are dangerous to those who commute regularly and are easy targets for my truck.
I normally drive to work in my Hummer while pulling my 50 caliber gun emplacement in case I see any terrorist plane hijackings, but I got a cool musette bag for riding and a free cup of coffee.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I ride to work enough already. I don't need a specific day. Besides, if I ride in, I miss hitting the trails after work. That takes precedence for me.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar

From this morning's Bike to Work Day Rally - Annapolis MD

I ride to work everyday. But this morning I got a free t-shirt and a slice of watermelon for my efforts. Lots of people milling about drinking free coffee and eating bagels. Capitol City Bikes was on hand doing free tune-ups and diagnostic check ups. I believed they raffled off a commuter bike to some lucky soul. I got there a little late and missed that part.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Got flat going into Work Tuesday..
And one yesterday going home...

I was in the bay area last week & it was a little foggy in the early morning, but nice after 10am;

BTW: These guy's were in our hotel parking lot after my ride;

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
wow, didn't even know that today was "ride to work day" (around here anyway)... due to, uh, mistaken planning, I rode home yesterday leaving my car at the office. woke up this morning to POURING F**KING RAIN. and since the car was at the office, I got to ride the 20miles into work in the pouring rain. it wasn't really that bad, though, not something I'd want to do on a continual basis, but once in a while it's almost a bit fun...