Quantcast

Bike transport/storage

ezl_oo

Chimp
Jun 11, 2009
West New York, NJ
Hi, I'm a newb at mtb and want to start doing some downhill, trails, urban/jumping street riding. I plan on getting a 2009 Mongoose Fireball by this weekend. I live in Northern N.J.

I want to see some pics and know how most of you guys transport your bikes and keep them in storage. I noticed that these bikes don't have kickstands also which would kinda suck when your resting and not on the bike. I live in a small apartment and was thinking of maybe putting a hook in the wall somewhere and hang it from the front rim. Also, I have a toyota camry and see alot of different types of bike carriers and want a good one for very cheap if anyone knows of one in particular. So lets see those photos and ideas guys...Thanks for everyone's help!!

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I think you are better off just hooking it through a single spoke. That way you have less contact on the rest of the bike :imstupid:

Ok, seriously though, you can go online or to any bike store or even some hardware stores and pick up a pulley system that is specifically designed for storing your bike. It makes it super easy to lift them up out of the way and really easy to lower them too. Best part about this, you can get the entire kit for only $20.00. This solution of course assumes you can drill into your ceiling :poster_oops: This solution works best in a garage with high ceilings.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hooks in the front wheel are fine. ive been hanging my bikes, frames and wheels like that for years

the pulley system is great too. i bought two of them on ebay for half the price you can find them for in stores