Quantcast

Bike Travel cases-

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Anyone have any suggestions for travel cases? I'm flying up north tomorrow, and just discovered that the $200 case from Performance doesn't even come close to fitting my bike. (I don't know if it's the 19.5" frame or what) :mumble:

Obviously I'm renting for this trip, but I decided I need one of the more high-end cases. Any suggestions?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Lots of shops have a case they rent. Find one of those shops and rent their case to see if your bike fits in it. I have a Trico, it's a tight fit but my bikes all fit in there except my ASX. Not all at once though. That would be a big ass box.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I take the bars off all my bikes. I might be able to get away with not doing that but it just makes everything else fit so much easier.

SOil

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
I use a Neil Pryde bad (not a hard case), and a cardboard bike box inside to give it some structure when not full.
It works fine, has rollerblade wheel to push it arround, comes with 2 wheel bags and a tool pouch, and the bag itself has zipped apertures that allow you to hand it straight on a car bike rack.
Fits a DH bike.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SOil said:
I use a Neil Pryde bad (not a hard case), and a cardboard bike box inside to give it some structure when not full.
It works fine, has rollerblade wheel to push it arround, comes with 2 wheel bags and a tool pouch, and the bag itself has zipped apertures that allow you to hand it straight on a car bike rack.
Fits a DH bike.
i guess not having a hardcase isnt that bad...i mean look what the bikes are put through going down a hill... :dancing:

SOil

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
Its not a hardcase but its quite thick and there's some pading.
Never had any damage in transit. Most damage is done by the gear sloshing arround in the case, so if you pack it well and and tape all the right bits its fine.