Quantcast

Bike's 2005 Photo of the year.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Has anyone seen Bike's 2005 Photo of the year. It looks pretty awesome. i would love to see video of the whole ride. Here is the Photograpers website. the photo is the first in the "New Work" section. He has quite a few nice shots. I figured some of you may enjoy.

Derek Frankowski

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
merrrrjig said:
Cool photo, but its more scenery then biking, but thats all bike mag really cares about anyway
That's because we choose to ride in beautiful places. Otherwise we'd just be roadies.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Not sure what everyone else's complete take on that photo is...

I, for one, am blown away... It reminds me why I love our sport. Seeing something that huge get pulled in a setting like that is spiritual... A photo like that makes me remember that we, as humans, are a part of the natural world (something I contend too many people have forgotten). To me, there is nothing better than finding ways to enjoy the wonder of nature.

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
Ciaran said:
That's because we choose to ride in beautiful places. Otherwise we'd just be roadies.
Ha ha right. . .since roadies only ride on roads through places that are not beautiful. Oh wait roads DO go along the coast and up in the mountains and through national parks. I've ridden around Crater Lake and I'd say it's on par with any scenic mountain bike trail. Don't hate.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Muuqi said:
Ha ha right. . .since roadies only ride on roads through places that are not beautiful. Oh wait roads DO go along the coast and up in the mountains and through national parks. I've ridden around Crater Lake and I'd say it's on par with any scenic mountain bike trail. Don't hate.
Or learn to take a well-intended jab? A lot of us are roadies as well... :rolleyes: