Quantcast

Bikes are cool!

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Just put some new 165mm Atlas FR's and a KMC X9SL chain on my Demo. Soon to have a black 2010 Fox 40 RC2, Twenty six F1 stem, and a gold XO short cage.

Just installed 170mm ATlas FR's (from my Demo) on My freeride/trail bike, as well as a KMC X9 SL.....Gotta say I'm very impressed with the KMC chains.

Hopefully the snow melts so I can ride the ****in things!!!!!!

Last edited:

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Black 2010 40? That should be sick... my white one looks so beat after a month of having it.

Are those the old or new style The One brakes? How do you like them?

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Black 2010 40? That should be sick... my white one looks so beat after a month of having it.

Are those the old or new style The One brakes? How do you like them?
They are old style "The Ones" Not sure I like the looks of the new style lever.
I love these brakes. Once they are blead properly (not the way Formula tells you too) they work flawlessly. Pad life is a little short, but not too bad.

I love the Black 40's.......my stem is green........Its going to be an interesting mix of colors.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Speaking of Atlas bars.........They do look pretty nice, and pretty inexpensive. Not sure I could use them uncut though. The 745 sunlines seem just about right.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Speaking of Atlas bars.........They do look pretty nice, and pretty inexpensive. Not sure I could use them uncut though. The 745 sunlines seem just about right.
the bars are sweet! protapers are 780mm though :eek: but the FRs feel sweet, although i have not used them on DH yet, i have never ridden a set of bars with such little back sweep.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
ha....tricked ya. Its a rabbit with GTI wheels, and a 1.5" drop. Trading up to the GTI next year.
Ah you did, the denvers look good on there. where did you get the lowering kit from? I was looking into one for my rabbit before it got totaled... You'll like the gti I test drove a bunch of them before i ended up with my subie now.

BTW how do you like the CC DB on the demo?

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Ah you did, the denvers look good on there. where did you get the lowering kit from? I was looking into one for my rabbit before it got totaled... You'll like the gti I test drove a bunch of them before i ended up with my subie now.

BTW how do you like the CC DB on the demo?
The rims are the "Huffs" Denvers look the same only they aren't polished and they're 17's, not 18's. .The WRX's are very tempting, as well as the previous mazdaspeed3.........not liking the looks of the new one so much. The GTI just seems to have the whole package nailed down. Maybe for 2011 they'll bump the power up a little.

As for the CCDB.........it is very good. It took me a while to get the most out of it. After talking to Malcom he informed me that I could run more then 2 turns of pre-load on the spring. I'm running 3 now and it has eliminated most of the dead feeling. The other thread that is happenning right now touches on a lot of relivent issues, and I can aggree that the CCDB might not quite feel as "fun" to ride as a conventional shock, but I can confidently say it makes you a faster rider........it just keeps the bike glued to the ground. I'm able to hit things much faster, where before I'd be popping higher/farther off of jumps while going slower. If you're interested on going faster, its a great shock.