Quantcast

Bikes under 800 for long distance xc rides.

Tonnystark

Chimp
Dec 10, 2019
Im looking for a cheaper XC bike that will be comfortable riding long distances, specifically the Merrit Crown so there will lots of elevation as well.
After a quick search on PB I found a couple bikes under $1000
This caught my eye because rear suspension and the low price. Its got a triple chainring and 7 speed cassette so that would be decent for all the hill climbing but I have no knowledge of this suspension and how it'll will ride. The old suspension is possibly the reason on such a cheap price.

Seems like a good deal for the price you get full shimano xtr and 4 pot brakes. It is a medium and I'm just barely 6 foot, usually ride a large. So its clearly going to be on the short side, but I just really like this bike and have heard lots of good things online.

Just found this one which is in my size and looks to be pretty decent. Fox suspension, Shimano deore xt drivetrain, chris king headset. I just dont know about the quality of the frames for Turner bikes.

raceface components and fox sus looks to be good.

Anyways just wanted your thoughts on these bikes or if you have any experience riding one. Also wanted to ask if you had any suggestions for a bike for long distance xc rides for under $800.