Quantcast

Bikes

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
At this point, I DO NOT own ONE single bicycle :rofl:

I have a fox fork, a new CK headset, some time pedals, a carbon seatpost and a Cove Handjob frame that is "supposedly" in shipping, although BTI has yet to charge me credit card.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I have too many.
:stupid:

I have five bikes, a spare frame, 2 spare beat up fox forks and enough parts to buid up a few bikes. Since February I have only really ridden 2 of the 5. Although those two got a few thousand miles of use.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I have 6. Selling 3. Plan on using 1 to ride to work, 1 to ride with my son on the back and 1 to get dirty.

Don't ride anywhere near as much as I'd like or I used to.

Politicians suck azz.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
fluff said:
Go on, tell me that raised a smile?
What, Burly's original comment?

Yeah, I thought it was funny. I was attempting to answer in a dry-humor sort of way. I guess that it either didn't translate well over the internets, or it just wasn't funny. Probably the latter.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I have too many. Wife says I'm three over my allowed quota. Still looking at getting two new bikes as of now. Just don't know what to get rid of to make room. I only have nine hooks on my garage wall. A few bikes are living on the floor right now, and don't ask about frames or wheels.

Oh, and I ride 4-5 times a week on various bikes. I blame my lack of riding on the government,....because I work there and it takes up too much of my riding time.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I had $11k tied up in 2 bikes recently...

MizN8 says they are an investment in my health and well being. She ditched her Trek Fuel for my old Stumpjumper, but with the news that Specialized is making 2 (maybe 3) 29er for 2007, she may be upgrading soon.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
am getting old.
i dont have a dh bike anymore.
just thinking about driving 40 minutes to dh, and then back lost its appeal a while ago. now am down to spinning while reading the news.

the idea of a ..... ROAD BIKE has been roaming my mind lately....
but i resist to accept am old.

though i saw in a store a pretty santa cruz roadster, with aerobars and everything for maximum poser power....

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ALEXIS_DH said:
am getting old.
i dont have a dh bike anymore.
just thinking about driving 40 minutes to dh, and then back lost its appeal a while ago. now am down to spinning while reading the news.

the idea of a ..... ROAD BIKE has been roaming my mind lately....
but i resist to accept am old.

though i saw in a store a pretty santa cruz roadster, with aerobars and everything for maximum poser power....
POSER!!!!

Time for you to punch out of RideMonkey.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
N8 said:

POSER!!!!

Time for you to punch out of RideMonkey.
ok mr 11k on 2 bikes.

now some aerobars with some zipp wheels would sure make the kickassest road bike at my jogging trail with all the retired folks doing their yoga and steps at 11am....
:rofl:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ALEXIS_DH said:
now some aerobars with some zipp wheels would sure make the kickassest road bike at my jogging trail with all the retired folks doing their yoga and steps at 11am....
:rofl:

that's what we need to hear.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Should have 2 new ones pretty soon.....total is *cough* 12k *cough*....ow....but it's all good...cause they're insurance replacements

Rotec RL9 (already have....and ridden even!!)
Turner RFX (close to being done....waiting on Hadley....)

Couple others in various states of waiting for parts (read: Fundage)
Couple of frames hangin' up....
Bunch of wheels and other random parts....

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
N8 said:
u riding the Three Legged Dog at Burns Park Sun???
No, I'd like to, but family "vacations" (which are guilt driven trips to visit family............:rolleyes: ) have cut into my training time. I'd like to know what the course is at Burns Park (I road ride there almost once a week) in preparation for next year. I've ridden several trails around Burns Park but I can't figure out how the organizers would make a race out of them.........so I'm curious what the course layout is.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Andyman_1970 said:
I'd like to know what the course is at Burns Park (I road ride there almost once a week) in preparation for next year. I've ridden several trails around Burns Park but I can't figure out how the organizers would make a race out of them.........so I'm curious what the course layout is.

See all: http://www.dltmultisport.com/DLT2006/DAWG/images/MAPS/2006 MTB Race course.pdf

Three Legged Dawg MT Bike Race Course, 8.5 miles

Well marked course, you can't get lost. You'll love it. 80% single track, 20% double. This thing has it all. Some sections are tight and twisty, others are big chain ring, a couple of knurly downhill's, climbing, rocks roots and trees.... Man this thing is fun!!!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
I had $11k tied up in 2 bikes recently...

MizN8 says they are an investment in my health and well being. She ditched her Trek Fuel for my old Stumpjumper, but with the news that Specialized is making 2 (maybe 3) 29er for 2007, she may be upgrading soon.
aren't you like 6'4" or so? how the hell could she possibly fit on yr bike?

my bike got used and abused the last three days...it needs some help.