Quantcast

Bikey Down! Bikey Down!!!#!)#!(%_)$%

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
My poor bikey.... :(

Just couldn't bear the strain of my fat ass. Poor thing, never got to see a full summer of action.

Stripped threads on the linkage in the frame.

A moment of silence........

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
robdamanii said:
What exactly happened to it? If the rear linkage threads are stripped, why not just take it to a shop and have them try to helicoil it?
i do not know what helicoil is. i thought last night initially of retapping, but then i'd have to change bearing size and i'd have to have a bigger bearing to bore out the linkage blah blah blah.

Yah i haven't gone to my lbs yet for options. i just haven't posted a good crying thread on here in a while so i was jumping at the opportunity.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Skookum said:
i do not know what helicoil is. i thought last night initially of retapping, but then i'd have to change bearing size and i'd have to have a bigger bearing to bore out the linkage blah blah blah.

Yah i haven't gone to my lbs yet for options. i just haven't posted a good crying thread on here in a while so i was jumping at the opportunity.

A helicoil is a steel coil that replaces the stripped threads.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Specialized warranty policy rocks, I think your in good shape Skooks

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Zark said:
Specialized warranty policy rocks, I think your in good shape Skooks

robdamanii said:
gigapower said:
Maybe you'll get lucky and they will fix it under warranty.
You guys are really harshing my sympathy here. Whiney threads are meant to get attention, not find viable solutions.

Cry for ME! Cry for my BIKEY! Cry for St. Skookaroomus patron saint of bikeys!

J

JRB

You suck for breaking your bike, man. Show that thing some respect dammit.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
riderx said:
Using the word "bikey" is gay. Your bike got tired of it and rebelled. Don't refer to your new bike as "bikey" or it will do the same thing.
Maybe my bikey was gay? Ever think of that?

Yah didn't think so.....

i just wanna say... my bikey was possibly gay, and goddammit i loved my gay bikey!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
riderx said:
No I didn't. Bikes are inanimate objects. Just because you had sex with it doesn't make the bike gay... :evil:
i've often wondered if masturbation actually makes you commit a gay act. If that's the case then everyones gay! Hooray let's go have a parade. :oink:

J

JRB

riderx said:
No I didn't. Bikes are inanimate objects. Just because you had sex with it doesn't make the bike gay... :evil:
I thought that was stoney. Weird - maybe it is a monkey thing. sick.....

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Skookum said:
Yah yah yah..... :rolleyes:

Young riders and their pain free spines. :p

I had a friend that loved hardtails (women and bikes) finally talked him into an Epic. Now he can't believe he rode hardtails for all those years.

J

JRB

Reactor said:
I had a friend that loved hardtails (women and bikes) finally talked him into an Epic. Now he can't beleive he rode hardtails for all those years.
Imagine when he rides a real full suspension. :think:

J

JRB

Reactor said:
:nope: Lets not talk trash about the Epic.

He has an F100x on the front end too, both ends squish, but only when they are needed.
Brain my ass. :think: