Quantcast

Bikey Down! Bikey Down!!!#!)#!(%_)$%

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ioscope said:
Then again, those are minions...
My mind is melting becuase you are not staying in one category!
Sometimes listening to the masses is good. Most of the time though it just limits you.
Maxxis 2.35 is like running a 2.2. i've put another Smoke 2.1 on the back and it was almost the same size as the Minion. The Smoke used to be the dh racers choice a million years ago.
i climb up i bomb down, i'll put stuff on that makes sense to me on a particular bike. i mean i wouldn't put bar ends on my Bullit since i don't ride huge rides on it, but i might just to piss people off.
Trust me Vashon Boy, it makes sense. You should change your name to the islander haha.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Isn't it amazing... a guy gets a new bike and thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. Two years later and it's $@#*&$! bike, piece of %#^@!, I want a new bike.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
hooples3 said:
I think someone just wants to justify getting a new bike!!!!! :thumb:
Not really i'm getting a new frame (this doesn't include a new shock, i'm having to re-use the shock i had on my old bike) and i'm paying over 500 bucks for a new one. My plan was to get two new bikes next year, a 100mm and a 150mm air sprung bike. This new frame is an S-works but big frikkin deal....

i'm not very happy with the situation at all, i've had a 3 more choices to follow. i was offered a new bike at a big discount, but i couldn't afford that at this time. Also the helicoil and a thru bolt option would have been alot cheaper, but i was worried about losing a crash replacement option by doing that, and also worried that i'd have issues with the rear triangle anyways. So i'm picking the option of getting a new frame that should tide me over til next summer without any headaches, hopefully.

Personally i think the Enduro frame is pretty damn fugly, so i'm not excited about getting a new one, and Red attracts bee's haha....

This whole deal, along with the new high prices of Specialized have me personally considering going to Turner or Santa Cruz on my two new bikes in the future, whereas before i was considering Specialized. But now it's just as expensive as the smaller companies.... This new frame better behave itself or i'll drop off the Specialized bandwagon altogether.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Changleen said:
Corporate whore.
That's the pot calling the kettle black.

What works, works. Calling me names won't change that. I don't notice your cherished revell bike offering any 5" FS frames. The Enduro has the same basic design as my Titus Switchblade, made in Tempe Arizona, thank you very much. It's a good design and it works.

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
I'm surprised they will warrenty that; sounds like you failed to check the tourque on your bolts, rode with them loose, and stripped the threads. About the only other way that happens is is your cross-thread the bolt when re-installing it. Sucks, but I doubt it was the manufacturers fault.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Raaar said:
I'm surprised they will warrenty that; sounds like you failed to check the tourque on your bolts, rode with them loose, and stripped the threads. About the only other way that happens is is your cross-thread the bolt when re-installing it. Sucks, but I doubt it was the manufacturers fault.

I think he used the "crash" warranty. Most manufacturers will let you buy a replacement frame at half price if you break your frame in a way that's not covered under regular warranty.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Not really i'm getting a new frame (this doesn't include a new shock, i'm having to re-use the shock i had on my old bike) and i'm paying over 500 bucks for a new one. My plan was to get two new bikes next year, a 100mm and a 150mm air sprung bike. This new frame is an S-works but big frikkin deal....

i'm not very happy with the situation at all, i've had a 3 more choices to follow. i was offered a new bike at a big discount, but i couldn't afford that at this time. Also the helicoil and a thru bolt option would have been alot cheaper, but i was worried about losing a crash replacement option by doing that, and also worried that i'd have issues with the rear triangle anyways. So i'm picking the option of getting a new frame that should tide me over til next summer without any headaches, hopefully.

Personally i think the Enduro frame is pretty damn fugly, so i'm not excited about getting a new one, and Red attracts bee's haha....

This whole deal, along with the new high prices of Specialized have me personally considering going to Turner or Santa Cruz on my two new bikes in the future, whereas before i was considering Specialized. But now it's just as expensive as the smaller companies.... This new frame better behave itself or i'll drop off the Specialized bandwagon altogether.
So are you getting the new S Works Endro?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Are you getting the '05 Enduro S-works (Demo-esque looking frame)? If so and your not happy with it then lets talk! :)
As far as "over $500", if they are telling you that if you helicoil the frame they will void your warranty then that sucks. IMO it would be like a company telling you that if you tried to save your frame by helicoiling the derailuer hanger they would void the warranty. Just doesn't seem right?
You shouldn't be forced to pay half the price of a new frame because one bolt hole failed (for what ever reason) if there is a reasonably sound repair available.
Right now I am waiting for the shock mount on my Demo9 to crack as almost everyone I talked to has had theirs replaced. I haven't ridden mine much and they won't replace it prematurely so I hope it cracks before the warranty period is up? Sounds weird saying you hope your frame cracks doesn't it?

Skookum said:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Raaar said:
Here's some poop for your shoe too. :evil: ;)

Drunken_Ninja said:
well dont get the same gay bikey after that...it owes you a better explanation
Duly noted.

Reactor said:
I think he used the "crash" warranty. Most manufacturers will let you buy a replacement frame at half price if you break your frame in a way that's not covered under regular warranty.
Yah but not half price, just 20%. And i agree the Enduro is a nice bike. My main gripe is with the price. And my whining is more due to the fact i really wanted the frame to last until next year. it foiled my plans as i am not in the financial position to just buy new bikes at a whim.
The appeal for Specialized has been quality at a bargain price, but if they are just as expensive as smaller companies why not support the little guy.

But opinions aside i'm stoked to be able to soon be back out on the trail. i enjoy riding the Enduro, beyond the fact i think the bike is ugly as hell and now i have a bright red one, i think the bike rides super nice and besides too low of a bottom bracket there is really nothing i can complain about. Specialized has been fair to me and i have no complaint about their customer service.

So after all that blah blah without further adieu. i present the newer

the redder

the gayer

BIKEY!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I suspect that if you ride it a bunch over the next year its going to get broken again. On the chainstay at the pivot. The red paint caused them to break there. Seriously, I know of 3 exactly like that that broke in the same place....

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
First off, Mack your and idiot. Just had to get that out of the way.

It's a shame to trash a perfectly good frame just to save the warranty.
Does Center Cycle still have the bike? Sometimes they let the shop keep it. I remember my friend has an old s-works hardtail that he got from a warranty when he worked at Gregg's. He rode it as his trials bike for years and it never broke completely. I even faced the 73mm bb shell into a 68mm. How's that for voiding the warranty!

J

JRB

buildyourown said:
First off, Mack your and idiot. Just had to get that out of the way.
:think: far be it from me to defend mack, well, ok, I will, because I like him. Funny you would call anyone an idiot, Captain Crackhead.

J

JRB

My parts are not here for my frame. Specialized may be on to something.

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
:confused: Details? Helicoils, properly installed, are stronger than the original threads...
You do see who you quoted, right??? Properly??? :think:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DRB said:
On the chainstay at the pivot. The red paint caused them to break there. Seriously, I know of 3 exactly like that that broke in the same place....
Cool i'll warranty it with a black chainstay. That'd look frikkin sweet! :oink:

buildyourown said:
Does Center Cycle still have the bike? Sometimes they let the shop keep it. I even faced the 73mm bb shell into a 68mm. How's that for voiding the warranty!
They should be sending it back, they were pretty cool about letting me strip all the bolts and such out as well.

And Macks 10 years old or somethin, so you gotta cut him some slack. And other people need to stop sticking up for Mack otherwise he'll never learn how to defend himself. :dancing:

Reactor said:
The bikey looks great. Now you just need a rainbow sticker to let everyone know the bike is gay. :blah: :D
i've seen some rainbow stickers on bikes and i don't figure it was an indicator that the actual bike itself is gay. Being in the middle of the woods its not a good idea to falsely advertise. :p

johnbryanpeters said:
Get some mud on it please, and scratch that paint...
No scratches yet, but i got a good film of range cattle crap on it so far. :D

Toshi said:
nice new frame, tim :thumb: . btw, in the above it shoud be just "ado", not "goodbye".
You think my english is bad you should hear my Japanese. :dancing:

gigapower said:
I like the red! Should make it easy to find if you ever loose it in the bush.
Smartest post in the history of Ridemonkey.....

BuddhaRoadkill said:
FATHER!!! Is that you?!?!?!
Dude! You got your's for only $39.99, i got ripped off!