Quantcast

Bikeyoke v3 update thingy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Can't be arsed to look for where the other replies were regarding registering for the update to v3 parts during servicing.

Got an email back with a service code overnight.
  • Code is only good for a single post, I wanted two done at once. So I guess I need to register again. (We have four posts in use, wasn't rushing to get the other two done as they don't need servicing).
  • Four different service places to contact for service.
  • They won't have parts until mid-July - so you'd likely be without your post for a couple of weeks in the middle of summer :/
Not sure what I'll do regarding that last bullet, don't want to be without our trail bikes during the middle of summer.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I received the bikeyoke emails too.

Can't be arsed to look for where the other replies were regarding registering for the update to v3 parts during servicing.

Got an email back with a service code overnight.
  • Code is only good for a single post, I wanted two done at once. So I guess I need to register again. (We have four posts in use, wasn't rushing to get the other two done as they don't need servicing).
  • Four different service places to contact for service.
  • They won't have parts until mid-July - so you'd likely be without your post for a couple of weeks in the middle of summer :/
Not sure what I'll do regarding that last bullet, don't want to be without our trail bikes during the middle of summer.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Thats why you get some throw-away PNW posts. REI had a sale last year for 1/2 off. I think I bought two. Although I probably could have held off on taking my Bikeyoke off the bike it's on...since it was running great.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I got the email and have booked my Revive gen 1 in for the update/upgrade. I hoping they've double checked the Aussie service centre has got the parts etc, I don't want to pay for a service and then find out they didn't do the update.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I got the email and have booked my Revive gen 1 in for the update/upgrade. I hoping they've double checked the Aussie service centre has got the parts etc, I don't want to pay for a service and then find out they didn't do the update.
Did your email state that the parts would only be going out end of June, so mid-July before service centres would start fitting them?
(Murican email had that)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Throwing this in here as the title might grab your attention.

I just discovered that the two service kits I bought a while back are the #2 kit, which won't work with any of the 4 Revive's in our house (I had bought them thinking they corresponded to the v2 of the post).

Cover postage and you can have one/both.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Just picked my post up from getting upgraded. New one piece tube and head, new actuator, new valving. Looks mint. Can't believe they do all that for the cost of a normal service. I bought the bloody thing in 2019. Fookin legend

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just picked my post up from getting upgraded. New one piece tube and head, new actuator, new valving. Looks mint. Can't believe they do all that for the cost of a normal service. I bought the bloody thing in 2019. Fookin legend
Ours were already one piece tubes, so I decided against paying ~$150/post x4 to get the v3 changes.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Yeah I recieves my upgraded post back a couple weeks ago. Works the same as it did before. It probably needed a service since it had a couple thou on it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Same here. Somehow have managed to get 3.5 years so far on mine with only doing a lower service a few times.
Yeah, lower service was super simple and their performance was back to like new. I got fast at it after doing four in a row.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Mine was a 7 year old Gen 1 and the first Revive that I'd purchased. Never been serviced and better than new now, pretty awesome.

Last edited:

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Same here. Somehow have managed to get 3.5 years so far on mine with only doing a lower service a few times.
Mine was the V1 was the two piece upper, so figured it was worth doing. Plus that was its first full service since i got it 5 years ago.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tangentially related - anyone happen to know which version revive the Manitou Jack dropper is? Hayes has them on sale half off right now.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Mine was the V1 was the two piece upper, so figured it was worth doing. Plus that was its first full service since i got it 5 years ago.

Yup, got my code to have my V1 Revive updated. (finally)
Going to have it done this winter.
Bought in '19 and never serviced.
So far this year I have had to Revive it twice. Once when pulling out of storage after the winter and the second time last weekend before my trip to Holimont.
Both times the play at the seat was just noticeable, by hand ~3/16-1/4".

Bloody awesome piece of kit.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Thats why you get some throw-away PNW posts. REI had a sale last year for 1/2 off. I think I bought two. Although I probably could have held off on taking my Bikeyoke off the bike it's on...since it was running great.
I might go to a Vecnum Nivo as my next dropper, the AXS is getting a bit weird, the Vecnum is near half the weight and simple as hell.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I might go to a Vecnum Nivo as my next dropper, the AXS is getting a bit weird, the Vecnum is near half the weight and simple as hell.
Interesting, but the lack of info on the internals is concerning. The "mechanical lock" caught my eye, for cold weather, but it doesnt appear to be a "mechanical post" AFAI can tell. E13 had one with an interesting lock mech that would fail "up" if it failed. In true E13 fashion it was under-designed, but that was an interesting approach. I got a original V1 bikeyoke that I had em service and am waiting on return and Ive really enjoyed my WT droppers, working great in the cold and same basic action/function/concept as BY. I will only buy the cheap PNWs and Wolftooth/BY for their value.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Big discount right now on the Manitou Jack (bikeyoke revive) dropper BTW on hayes site, max 185, but still in stock

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Big discount right now on the Manitou Jack (bikeyoke revive) dropper BTW on hayes site, max 185, but still in stock
that's why I asked last night which ver it is. got mine ordered already.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Interesting, but the lack of info on the internals is concerning. The "mechanical lock" caught my eye, for cold weather, but it doesnt appear to be a "mechanical post" AFAI can tell. E13 had one with an interesting lock mech that would fail "up" if it failed. In true E13 fashion it was under-designed, but that was an interesting approach. I got a original V1 bikeyoke that I had em service and am waiting on return and Ive really enjoyed my WT droppers, working great in the cold and same basic action/function/concept as BY. I will only buy the cheap PNWs and Wolftooth/BY for their value.
It's an air spring with an internal locking system, their previous one had an external locking system.

I'd imagine you'd get some small shavings inside from the locking mech so it would need some servicing, but that looks very easy to do.

EDIT- https://bikerumor.com/vecnum-nivo-slams-down-lightweight-mechanical-dropper-seatpost/