Quantcast

Biking Eureka?

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
im going to eureka this weekend and was wondering if there are many good trails and if so where and if there ok to ride(not just for the locals). I prefer to go down the hill but any kind of trail will do. I just cant have a four day weekend without biking. :(

acs

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
If you drive north of Eureka a few miles there are some good trails. Jacoby Creek and McKinnleyville are your best bets for going down a hill. Check revolution bike shop in Arcata (14th & G), or let me know if you want some directions...or I could give you the grand tour.
-Adam

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
acs said:
If you drive north of Eureka a few miles there are some good trails. Jacoby Creek and McKinnleyville are your best bets for going down a hill. Check revolution bike shop in Arcata (14th & G), or let me know if you want some directions...or I could give you the grand tour.
-Adam

were in mckinnleyville is there downhill ?

acs

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
snutty said:
were in mckinnleyville is there downhill ?
It's definately not downhill in the DH race sense, but there are some nice trails. I usually enter behind Beau Pre golf course. You live in the area?

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
acs said:
It's definately not downhill in the DH race sense, but there are some nice trails. I usually enter behind Beau Pre golf course. You live in the area?
i use to live on railroad in mckinleyville then moved to lk wood in arcata back when i went to humboldt state...im back in the bay area now..but ive always been wanted to find out more about the area