Quantcast

Bill Clinton Campaign Chief Backs Obama

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh, SNAP!

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The man who served as national manager of former President Clinton's 1992 campaign plans to endorse Sen. Barack Obama, an aide to Obama said Wednesday.

Obama's campaign planned a 1 p.m. conference call Wednesday to announce the endorsement by David Wilhelm, who later became chairman of the Democratic National Committee, according to an aide who spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement would be made public later in the day.

Wilhelm planned to tell reporters that Obama can build a coalition of Democrats, independents and Republicans needed to win the general election.

Wilhelm is a superdelegate who was previously uncommitted in the race. His endorsement helps Obama in the race for delegates, in which he pulled ahead after Tuesday's sweeps of primaries in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. Clinton remains considerably ahead in superdelegates, which are party officials, elected officials and others who can vote however they choose at the nominating convention.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is he still the chair of the committee?

That sounds like a big endorsement if he is.
I think it's Dean, but I would have to look. Still a superdelegate and considering the previous ties to Clinton, still a large endorsement to me.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Yeah, still Dean but this is huge, especially after Clinton's comments towards Obama...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
WTF n8? With the 'I hate MMike' movement being more popular than the beatles this is the only comeback you can think of? You should be ashamed of yourself.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
WTF n8? With the 'I hate MMike' movement being more popular than the beatles this is the only comeback you can think of? You should be ashamed of yourself.
I'm not saying that I'm better or greater,or comparing myself with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is... I wasn't saying whatever they're saying I was saying.......

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
this is one of the few threads where the posts look like they were literally typed by the avatars themselves.

<---- awww......yeahhhhh

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this is one of the few threads where the posts look like they were literally typed by the avatars themselves.

<---- awww......yeahhhhh
So mine is saying............. "Say it! I'm voting for Obama. Say it! Either say it or you get the whole hand!"