Quantcast

Billion dollar house...disgusting.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Rich idiots building crap like this, and I get the celebrity guilt trip about feeding starving children in Kreblankistan. Why dont they feed and house some of the unwashed with their billions?

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/104984/Inside-the-World's-First-Billion-Dollar-Home
How about how many kids there are in Mumbai starving or scraping by to start with?

You know that woman is going to be one of the first against the wall when the revolution comes...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Sure its expensive, and god like, but when you're a billionaire what are you going to spend all of that money on? He spent a 46th of his net worth on that house, I spent about 5 times my net worth on the house I live in

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just imagine you're worth $43 billion. You try to figure out how to spend just the investment income on that much wealth. Let's assume they're "only" making 10%... 'cause they're probably making more.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Just imagine you're worth $43 billion. You try to figure out how to spend just the investment income on that much wealth. .
She is from India. I could figure out pretty quickly how to spend obcsene amount of money on the widespread poverty. Disgusting.
You don't become $43 billion worth by working hard. You become that rich by making millions of people work hard. How about redistributing a little?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
By giving everyone in your country $43? :p
i'm with S.S. here.

the problems of famine and hunger will not be solved by handouts to NGOs or aid groups. they're more fundamental: too many people without marketable skills living in areas without enough arable land to support them.

however, i would hope that this billionaire would donate money towards better causes (imo) as the Gates Foundation is doing. a few hundred million towards malaria research will do much more good ultimately than that much provided directly in food aid.

Connundrum1: "gaudy"

Defenestrated: how exactly would a private space program benefit the human race?

Sherpa: "you're"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm blaming Dubai... "hey, we've got billions upon billions of dollars. Instead of ending world hunger, lets dredge the ocean and build some fvcking islands. Then parcel off the property and sell to it to make even more money!!!"

Dear Outer Space Aliens,

If you're reading this, could you please come thin the herds with those crazy space death rays you have?

Best Regards,
Jon Kranked

PS - If I happen to get caught in the mass extinction, I won't take it personally. I promise.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm blaming Dubai... "hey, we've got billions upon billions of dollars. Instead of ending world hunger, lets dredge the ocean and build some fvcking islands. Then parcel off the property and sell to it to make even more money!!!"

Dear Outer Space Aliens,

If you're reading this, could you please come thin the herds with those crazy space death rays you have?

Best Regards,
Jon Kranked

PS - If I happen to get caught in the mass extinction, I won't take it personally. I promise.
I really think that the aliens should target dumb people... not rich people. Although I suspect a lot of rich people would be taken out if they targeted dumb people. :rofl:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just imagine you're worth $43 billion. You try to figure out how to spend just the investment income on that much wealth. Let's assume they're "only" making 10%... 'cause they're probably making more.
I can't imagine what that would be like. I would oppress so many people! Maybe buy a small nation.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
You're unfamiliar with the caste system they have in India, I assume?

They've also got a Muslim underclass. There's plenty of tinder to go around...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Rich idiots building crap like this, and I get the celebrity guilt trip about feeding starving children in Kreblankistan. Why dont they feed and house some of the unwashed with their billions?

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/104984/Inside-the-World's-First-Billion-Dollar-Home
Well, you personally are almost certainly one of the richest 2%, probably 1% of people on the planet. You should set him an example if you really think it would help.

Giving people money doesn't help:

1) There are too many people

and

2) There are too many people.

Our entire geo-political-economic system would collapse if wealth was meaningfully re-distributed. That may suck, but that's the way it is. What help is it to the human race if none of us have the power to survive into the future?

Toshi: Private space programmes benefit the human race by the research and innovation they engender. In fact I can't really think of many things better to spend your billions on. No one ultra-rich (or even huge group of ultra-rich) persons has the ability to change the fundamental structure of capitalism and fractional reserve banking the world runs on and that requires an ongoing exponential increase in consumption to stay viable. However, a rich individual could conceivably open up the next frontier of resources for us to consume.

Humanity as a whole is like a plant. We grow in the soil and nutrient afforded to us by the planet. The first world are the flowers, we grow using a lot of energy at the expense of the rest of the people. It's early Autumn now and we've nearly exhausted the nutrients in the ground we inhabit although the sun continues to shine. Either we find new soil to tap or we all wither and die.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Is it zombie fortified when the plaque outbreaks ? Fireproof or a Big Boy rocket escape pod?
Anything cool would help,but it's one ugly house !

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Actually the most expensive house in america just went up for sale. Maybe even sold here in Aspen.

Guess what it is/was owned by the Saudi Prince. Not an american.
i thought that Trump's place in miami was the highest? doesn't that have a 125 million asking price?