Quantcast

Bin Laden is Dead!!!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
My thing about Afghanistan is we could achieve every stated goal tomorrow or 10 years from now, and guess what will happen the day after we pull out? Warlords will reemerge, the new form of the Taliban will take over, and 20 years after we leave, the next big world power will find a reason to invade.

So let's cut the chase and pull out this year.
Paranoid much?
Vali Nasr's book "The rise of Islamic Capitalism".
Read it and you might sleep better at night and understand whats going on in the first place...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
barry has had a full weekend....white house press dinner....almost killing gaddafi....killing osama....he's gonna have a hard time topping it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
barry has had a full weekend....white house press dinner....almost killing gaddafi....killing osama....he's gonna have a hard time topping it.
Courtney Love is still at large...

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Paranoid much?
Vali Nasr's book "The rise of Islamic Capitalism".
Read it and you might sleep better at night and understand whats going on in the first place...
From what I understand they are quite philanthropic too. Many Islamic countries (the one's who can afford it) really do allot to make sure people have food and medicine, the UAE and Saudis provide better socialized medicine than we get here in the united states with our system.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Code:
From what I understand they are quite philanthropic too. Many Islamic countries (the one's who can afford it) really do allot to make sure people have food and medicine, the UAE and Saudis provide better socialized medicine than we get here in the united states with our system.
Fact is that in a lot of countries that were suffering under US installed dictatorships didnt have any social security or a very poor one while the elite in charge was bathing in money.
Fundamentalist orginisations provided health care and social security in these countries while the (for them) Western system failed to give it to them.
People learned to not like Westernisation and embraced to people who fed them.

They went from being happy in their lives to going into a Western revolution that brought them dictators and poverty.
They then went to fundamentalism and hating the west and now according to newer models Muslims are developing a desire for democracy and incorporating capitalism in Islam.

Fundamentalism is only a small fraction of the Muslim world, one we can not underestimate but one that we shouldnt overestimate either.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
In today's news: The redneck population of the South mourns the loss of their joke "Osama bin Hidin" and is stunned by the loss of the 20 cases of RC Cola it took to come up with it. However a crack team of hayseeds is in hot development of a replacement, said at this point to be "Osama bin Dyin" Further developments pending...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Yea, small problem. There is a natural gas pipeline that we built from Russia to the ocean, it's top priority for securing fuel in the future (see national security) we can't leave......
Thanks to hydrofracking (yippee!) we have such a surplus of natural gas that it's trading at 1/5th the cost of oil, and are now actually closing producing natural gas wells domestically to try to prop up the price. We don't need that pipeline.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I have been informed via NPR that the killing of Osama really only affected those with in the afghani/pakistani sect of the terrorist group. Many are assuming that all terrorists are seeking retaliation, but in fact different sects of terrorist/fundamentalist groups only saw osama as an influence, not a leader. However I am sure that those within his sect of terrorism are definitely planning revenge, but not those in yemen, libya, etc. Therefor the murder of Osama is not actually a large step toward breaking down terrorism. Afghani terrorist groups have been running without Osama for quite some time now. He is famous amongst terrorist for the 9/11 attacks and he was quite powerful, but not quite as instrumental to the institution of terrorist as he may seem.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
This thread is boring now. We need the tinfoilers to come back for a day or two for lolz sake. Desmondo/3D/RenegadeRick, now is your time to shine!

*edit: Nevermind, Zerohedge has gone full retard with this one. :tinfoil:
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/pentagon-releases-details-osama-compound-iran-claims-bin-laden-killed-due-risk-leaking-joint
Ah the comments.

"anti-Iran"? Who is pro-Iran? I dont even think Iranians are pro Iran, partly because of the fact that the whole nation is bulit on absolute horse sh** and lies.
:rofl:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
curious, which network has a better journolistic reputation: fauxjews or NpeeR?

feel free to cite opinion, or fact

[naturally, i'm assuming there's a thread or 2 about npr getting pwnd recently, or even a juan williams double standard one before that]

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Thanks to hydrofracking (yippee!) we have such a surplus of natural gas that it's trading at 1/5th the cost of oil, and are now actually closing producing natural gas wells domestically to try to prop up the price. We don't need that pipeline.
Not yet we don't, but that is the largest gas reserve in the world, and we want access to it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

[naturally, i'm assuming there's a thread or 2 about npr getting pwnd recently, or even a juan williams double standard one before that]
Trolling is beneath you. And there are several threads.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not yet we don't, but that is the largest gas reserve in the world, and we want access to it.
:doh: While I don't necessarily disagree with you, Dante is pretty spot on with this one. You do realize that the NatGas deposits in the LA/TX/OK oil shales are huge, right?

While the Siberian gas fields are the largest LNG deposits in the world, which means easy extraction, the pipeline to gain access was initiated long before the current, highly effective method of fracking was readily available.

It will be harder to access the US based NatGas, but there is so many rigs and pipelines being built in the US that we are going to see prices continue to fall (see $14 to $4.5 in 1 year). I'll put good money that we are likely to see another TX/OK boom in 15 years like what occurred in the 80's around oil.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?

I'm not talking about juan williams, I am talking about diane rehm broadcasting from American University. I also hear BBC broadcasting from that same station. Have you tried listening to the news yourself?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
...let me check - the Gitmo connection may have been of value because some of the info leading to the courier potentially came from a detainee?

Last edited: