Quantcast

Binary, I love you man. You know that.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
BUT FIX THE FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION SO I CAN FIND THREADS STARTED BY A GIVEN FUCKING USER!!!!!!

I don't need to every day. Only some days. Not even fridays. But if a forum can do that just fine in 1932, it seems like that same forum can maybe do it easily in 2017.

Here's where you show me a really simple way to do that which makes me feel like I have anger management issues. And hey I might.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm... I actually didn't realize that this wasn't part of the search function.

I'll see what I can do. Best I can offer right now is you can search for content by a certain user, check the box to display results as threads, and either do an in-page search for the username (e.g. control-F, type kidwoo into box) or scroll through the results looking for the user's avatar. All of the avatars and usernames on the thread results page are the starter of the thread.

Not ideal, though. You're looking for the old "thread started by:" search field that existed in vBulletin, right?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@Nick you can search for a user's content. What you can't do (AFAIK) is search for only threads started by that user.

That content is all of kidwoo's posts, but not the threads started by him.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ooh, good point.

@kidwoo If you click on the "Filters" at the top of a given forum, you can filter by thread creator. Not exactly the same, since you have to know the forum someone posted in and can't add search terms, but it's closer.