Quantcast

)))Biologically processed turkey fridump gmt(((

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
and good effing morning to you all. The bird was delicious yesterday too bad I had to work. Bunch of slackers called in sick so I will be on until 7pm taking folks home from dialysis. I am going to ensure those "sick" folks get crap shifts next week. paybacks are a bitch

Brewing coffee then hitting the gym before work

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Girlfriend's dad had a series of small strokes earlier this week. Still figuring what that means for his future and whatnot, but on the surface it looks like he's lost most memory from the last decade. Not a fun evening last night. He's still in the hospital and will probably be there for a little longer until a care facility is found. We have to find a way into his locked iPhone, which has no biometrics registered and no password written anywhere...

The cat puked 3 times on the christmas tree last night, too.

On a lighter note, anyone who reschedules a meeting less than 30 minutes that it is supposed to start AND when most people are driving to work and trying to make said meeting, are in fact dickheads.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Woke up, so I guess I didn't hit my head that hard. We did hit up one of my wife's co-workers for Thanksgiving dinner. Much food, many beers, such sleep. Wow!

I would not step out of the house today, but we are in desperate need of coffee and dog food.

Espresso time!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ugh, falafel shawarma and potatoes I had last night after my ride are not sitting well in my stomach. at all.

ride last night wasn't great either. most of the snow in the forest has melted, but the trails had been previously ridden and compacted. so last night they were in fact actual ice. not much fun. plus, I just had no energy about 45 minutes into the ride. I didn't have time to eat before the ride, and forgot energy bards or gummies.

I've been feeling pretty low energy generally for the last month or so. Not sure if it's because November, kids waking up early (between 5:30 and 6 most mornings), or that I haven't eaten meat in the last 3 weeks.

Monday I have my front tooth extracted and implant installed. not looking forward to it.

But I did get my wife's Christmas present today, so there's that....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i has real deal tamales to consume from friend....

also

praise maize for the regularity today....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
found a pic from vacation that i like....

20191129_105908.jpg

trail of cedars.....i think day 11 or 12 of total shit weather....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
some hippies in my office were asking people to take the challenge?

but seriously tho... My kids sometimes push back on eating meat. So I've been looking for alternatives to meat, that they will eat but still be nourished. Then we watched "The Game Changers" on Netflix and thought "hmmm, why not, maybe we should try this". Then there's the whole environmental impact aspect of of the agro-industrial complex... so when my colleague said "I'm doing no mean November", I figured I'd try.

I'll start eating meat again in December, but maybe try and limit it, and be a bit more choosy about it. I'll be able to see then if it made a difference in my energy levels....

intermittent fasting is the latest thing that my wife and I have been discussing. but that takes more commitment. and more preparation!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
But intermittent fasting can just be skipping breakfast or breakfast and lunch. How does not eating require preparation?

Re The Game Changers: anecdotes about athletes (especially that cockring eating a burrito “experiment”) do not mean that said athletes owe their performance to their diet. Two more things: that total cholesterol goes down with a plant-based diet means about nothing with regard to cardiovascular disease risk. And no matter whether you eat tasty animals or choose not to, avoiding vegetable oil and sugar as much as is possible would be good steps. Chopping out vegetable oil will basically automatically eliminate anything that comes in a box or a foil wrapper, and that’s not a bad thing at all.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Signed up for Whiskey Off Road 2020 this morning. Should be better for me this year, not being sidelined by surgery over the winter and unable to compete in winter-races. Team name is Oliver's YES Tubes, which goes on the number plate.

Snowing at my parent's house in AZ...while it's raining up here in AK. FUck.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
But intermittent fasting can just be skipping breakfast or breakfast and lunch. How does not eating require preparation?

Re The Game Changers: anecdotes about athletes (especially that cockring eating a burrito “experiment”) do not mean that said athletes owe their performance to their diet. Two more things: that total cholesterol goes down with a plant-based diet means about nothing with regard to cardiovascular disease risk. And no matter whether you eat tasty animals or choose not to, avoiding vegetable oil and sugar as much as is possible would be good steps. Chopping out vegetable oil will basically automatically eliminate anything that comes in a box or a foil wrapper, and that’s not a bad thing at all.
This is why I want to read through your thread first! I have questions, such as what happens to energy levels etc... but I wanted to see if they've been posed and answered first. Also, I didn't realize it was as simple as skipping a meal... more information to look up!

I also agree that a few anecdotes from a few athletes shouldn't be taken as evidence. there was nothing in there about what they actually wound up eating, how and when. And that's at least as important as the fact that they weren't eating meat.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
This is why I want to read through your thread first! I have questions, such as what happens to energy levels etc... but I wanted to see if they've been posed and answered first. Also, I didn't realize it was as simple as skipping a meal... more information to look up!

I also agree that a few anecdotes from a few athletes shouldn't be taken as evidence. there was nothing in there about what they actually wound up eating, how and when. And that's at least as important as the fact that they weren't eating meat.
I have no issues with repeating myself. :D So ask away in that thread even if potentially redundant. My religion, I want to spread it

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Signed up for Whiskey Off Road 2020 this morning. Should be better for me this year, not being sidelined by surgery over the winter and unable to compete in winter-races. Team name is Oliver's YES Tubes, which goes on the number plate.

Snowing at my parent's house in AZ...while it's raining up here in AK. FUck.
Sponsored by Pete's Coffee?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fat biked in prime conditions this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be constant 35mph winds with 90mph gusts so no riding will be done :(

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Girlfriend's dad had a series of small strokes earlier this week. Still figuring what that means for his future and whatnot, but on the surface it looks like he's lost most memory from the last decade. Not a fun evening last night. He's still in the hospital and will probably be there for a little longer until a care facility is found. We have to find a way into his locked iPhone, which has no biometrics registered and no password written anywhere...

The cat puked 3 times on the christmas tree last night, too.

On a lighter note, anyone who reschedules a meeting less than 30 minutes that it is supposed to start AND when most people are driving to work and trying to make said meeting, are in fact dickheads.
Oh man, that sucks. Good thing the Lady friend has you. Good luck to you all.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

What the hell is a cockring burrito?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey has a new car. Got offered way less than KBB trade-in for the car, so going to sell it on Craigslist. I need to make $650 more than they offered us and we're ahead. Shouldn't be too hard given KBB for private party is $6k higher.

But we now have 5 cars...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My trick for smoker pizzas is to roll the dough out. Melt some unsalted butter, let it cool as it will activate the yeast if it is warm. Brush a light coat on half a rolled out ball. On the other half. Use either semolina or a AP flour and then fold it over on the buttered side. Ball it. Let it rest 30 minutes. Think Croissant Repeat 3 rimes. Get the smoker going at your highest temp. First pass (300deg,) smoke for 2 hours with just sauce and cheese. Second pass (250deg) with all your other room temperature ingredients for another 2 or 3 hours. I use oak or lump charcoal. Mine come out flaky, buttery, and super crisp. The Cheese and Sauce come out super smoky. I use fresh dough always. Sweat out all your veggies so they take the smoke.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have been using your recipe for Ribs also. I am back to using Charcoal however. I have others committed to Franks and Rays also. My friend Jean adds Vinegar and Mayo to Hers. Not sure why?
Ribs you say?

I recently tried a ribs recipe using our instant pot and finishing in the air fryer. They were the best ribs I've had that weren't a proper slow cook BBQ method.