Quantcast

**bird** Turkey GMT **bird**

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Thanksgiving, monkeys! May you enjoy the celebration of our friendship and subsequent destruction of our indigenous peoples. We're cooking for our families and they'll drive by and pick up their food. No gathering, but Zoom dessert planned.

It's dumplng rain right now and I'm headed out for a run. BRB

Edit: Turkey wingdings didn't appear. Fuck this.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Thanksgiving, neighbors. Though we all know the better Thanksgiving happened over a month ago. :P

Le work. Then maybe a quick bike ride in the rain and taking my apart the crank on my bike yet again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Still in bed cause a) its raining and b) the dog is asleep on me, rendering me immobile.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate. Gobble gobble mofos.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Morning Monkeys!

Planned to ride this morning but woke up to rain, so I decided to sleep in (a fine choice). Took tomorrow off so I plan to make up for it with three straight days of riding and likely trying a couple new trails. First cup of Pisgah roasters coffee being consumed.

I shall enjoy the gravy today because it’s back on the diet tomorrow. Gobble gobble.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
As per our forefathers, I inoculated my kids with measles, ate buttermilk pancakes with maple bourbon butter, and thanked our corporate overlords for another year of existence. . . Ok, at least I ate those pancakes with that delicious butter this morning. 'tis all for science

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Happy Thanksgiving monkeys! I've started the day with some baking and cooking. Now having pizza (Murica!) and beer, then visiting a friend who is cooking the big bird. Weather is gawd awful so no riding for me today, mabbe tomorrow afternoon?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fucker bought and paid for a new Fox DPX2, which is fine. But then he backed out because it doesn‘t fit. (8.5 x 2.5”).
I kinda want to just send it to him and make it his problem, but I’ll be the better e-Bayer and send *most* of his money back.
Anyone need a brand new ‘21 shock?

Happy Turkey Day, y’all!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fucker bought and paid for a new Fox DPX2, which is fine. But then he backed out because it doesn‘t fit. (8.5 x 2.5”).
I kinda want to just send it to him and make it his problem, but I’ll be the better e-Bayer and send *most* of his money back.

Happy Turkey Day, y’all!
Why even bother if he paid for it and if you had it clearly advertised as that size?

But wait, he paid and THEN checked whether it fit or not?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yes, he paid THEN checked.
I dunno, I have 100% positive feedback since 2002, I like to keep it that way.
You're too nice.

Lets say you shipped it before he realized this. Then you just said no refunds or whatever. Can you dispute his bad feedback, based on his admission of fault?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Happy Turkey Day, y’all!
Might be a scammer. Hold up on that payback.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What models does this affect? I'm running an Inspiron 15-7568, don't particularly want to experience it.
I don't think any in particular. I've had 3 here, all Latitudes, but different battery types in them. There are a few more at our other buildings, but I haven't looked at those. All of them are at least a year old, this one is 3 years old.

Some pretty generic info - https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln320718/swollen-battery-information-and-guidance?lang=en

I've heard they will replace the battery no cost if the laptop is still under warranty - normally the battery is under warranty for just a year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm past warranty and it's not clear that Dell still provides replacement batteries for this model. I think I purchased it in October of 2015.

So whether to purchase a third-party replacement battery or a new vaporware laptop...
If it still works I wouldn't bother replacing it. As long as it has an SSD and adequate amount of ram, you're not going to get a whole lot out of a new one.

You can probably still get a battery. When I was quoted a battery for the one I replaced the other day, they told me (by mistake maybe?) that they have 16408 of them in stock. Thats a lot of batteries! Maybe they expect a lot of them to fail?

If it still works I wouldn't bother replacing it. As long as it has an SSD and adequate amount of ram, you're not going to get a whole lot out of a new one.

You can probably still get a battery. When I was quoted a battery for the one I replaced the other day, they told me (by mistake maybe?) that they have 16408 of them in stock. Thats a lot of batteries! Maybe they expect a lot of them to fail?
A stock Dell battery from Newegg is $140 US. Not sure that I'd trust a third party product.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yesterday my wife discovered an almost a full case of mixed 22oz homebrew bombers hiding in the back of the hall closet. The date on a couple of the bottles suggests they are at least 5 years old. Couple whiskey stouts, some IPAs, a Belgian Dubble, and some unknowns. We've polished off a couple of them already and they have all been amazing. It's like atheist Hanukkah up in this bitch today, and we haven't even had any turkey yet.