Quantcast

Birth control (fiesta thread!)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Question for the straight dudes (of which 95% of you are):

Would you ever date someone long-term who was NOT (rubbers aside) on some form of medical birth control? Why or why not?

:weee:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Don't forget that some women cannot take birth control of any kind (pill, patch, shot) due to severe adverse reactions to the hormones in them.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Don't forget that some women cannot take birth control of any kind (pill, patch, shot) due to severe adverse reactions to the hormones in them.
Circumstances vary. My girl can't take birth control as she has a condition that makes her prone to blood clots and most birth control exacerbate this, which is why I get snipped in 2 weeks :eek:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Yes I would and have in the past. That risk is part of A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. IMHO, anyone who is ready to commit to an LTR without medical birth control, does so with the knowledge that having an unplanned pregnancy is a distinct possibility and therefore must be willing to accept the responsibility. Anyone who is in an LTR and cannot deal with that possibility should make sure she takes that pill in front of you.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Or snipped. I need a few grand...
If you have insurance getting snipped should only cost you a co-pay for a Dr visit. At least that's how it is for me. I've asked my Doc about this since I "think" we're done having kids.

I'll chip in $3.50.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you have insurance getting snipped should only cost you a co-pay for a Dr visit. At least that's how it is for me. I've asked my Doc about this since I "think" we're done having kids.

I'll chip in $3.50.
BLue is a squatter. Do you really think he has insurance? The only nice thing he has is $300 shoes.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
have you considered making a deposit in your local bank?... you know, just in case
We talked about it, but the same condition makes being prego a health risk (she could throw a clot and it coud kill her).

We have one rugrat so that's enough for me

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bag it, or be willing to buy a long-term supply of the morning after pill.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I hate wrapping my ****. So, no. They need to be on the pill. I will be getting snipped when I'm 25.
DOcs won't snip you unless you are i a stable ltr, and have kids, or have made the decision to never have kids. They can, and will, say no to people they do not belive to be of sound enough mind to do such.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
DOcs won't snip you unless you are i a stable ltr, and have kids, or have made the decision to never have kids. They can, and will, say no to people they do not belive to be of sound enough mind to do such.
I suspect once they interview RR they'll easily determine that him having children would be the travesty of the millennium and do it for free. :D

Edit: On second thought... they'd probably conclude the same for blue. :think: