Quantcast

Birthday presents rule!

So I have an Aunt that lives in Durango. She works at a retail store out there and she has a very nice custoner that she is on real good terms with. This customer is involved in cycling in a very important way.
To quote"He is a really nice person...I have been working hard for two years to obtain something special for you & I finally have."
The customer is Lances' Dad.
He brought in one of Lances' hats from the tour.
I got it today in the mail and thought she went to the tour or something. I read the letter and was just floored.
And wouldn't you just know it, my camera has quit working. When I figure out how to get it to download, I'll put up pics.

Now I just have to write a thank you letter that isn't all kinds of weird...

Wow. I have to frame this thing somehow.

No. I haven't put it on. It looks like it may be a little small for my head. I have a huge head.
But...It does have a hair in it, so I can authenticate it through DNA. It also has a bit of 'salt' on the brim.

And yes, I know this all sounds a bit of - stalker type g-hey - But Damn! how many people have a hat that Lance has actually worn?

I'm really kind of proud of this.

Let me have my moment.....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Not to be a buzz kill, but all I have heard about Lance and his Dad is that he (Lance) pretends he (Dad) doesn't exist. Maybe some authentication would be in order?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Not to be a buzz kill, but all I have heard about Lance and his Dad is that he (Lance) pretends he (Dad) doesn't exist. Maybe some authentication would be in order?
If I remember correctly, "Armstrong" is his stepfather's last name and they are very close, so maybe that's who the hat came from. I can't imagine his birth dad being able to get any of Lance's hats.

Pretty cool little piece of memorabilia if you ask me. :) I wouldn't wear it though. It should be for display purposes only.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
just think..at happy, "Hey sexy, wanna come over to my place and I'll let you hold Lances hat"

you now will be getting more butt than an ashtray!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I thought both bio Dad and step Dad were on his sh*t list? Step Dad was some kind of dick to him, and all he took was the name. Quick, someone re-read one of his books! I will get the beer :cheers:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
You nailed it with the stalker type g-hey, but hey man, if it makes you happy, awesome!

and I bet that's not "Salt" on the brim either. :eek:

And Lance doesn't have short curly black hair.