Quantcast

bits and bobs

racerjosh

Chimp
Apr 27, 2007
hello, currently im riding/ dirt jumping a 17" Saracen Instinct frame with other 'cheap' ex-bike parts on it. so im upgrading all my parts now so i need some help with them..

first of all though .. the colour is a tatty green from when i was practicing so what colour should i respray it? (looking for something that most people dont have so it stands out - but i cant decide)

since im doing dirt jumping, is it worth changing the front brake? its currently a shimano promax (rubbish to say the least) or should i just leave it? also, need to decide on the rear (dont have on fitted at the moment, which is sketchy) i was thinking avid 7's ?

rims need to be changed.. currently 'crosser' which i guess is cheap as ive never heard of them, was thinking HALO combats ?

headset is going FSA and forks are going to Dirt Jumper 1 (currently zoom :crazy: )

.. im not rich and i do have another - very expensive - hobby (racing rs125's) so im not looking for top knotch parts .. just ones that will not break so easy and that have decent performance...

any help appriciated

regards
josh

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
You don't need a front brake for dirt jumping. I would put an avid bb7 on the back and call it good.

I am running the halo combats on my bike and they are holding up well.

racerjosh

Chimp
Apr 27, 2007
cheers for the replies ... i was just wondering, since you can get adapters for the front forks to allow them to have vee-brakes .. is there an adaptor for the rear ? since the frame only allows rear disc, and the crappy rims dont have a hub that allows a disc .. so it means buying new rims and brakes (although i am going to change the rims, there not the most important thing on the list - there the last thing)