Quantcast

Bitten by another XC bug

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I went xc skiing for the first time yesterday & had so much fun, all I can think about is getting back out on the snow.

I spent the afternoon learning skate style & by the end of the evening everything was starting to click & I didn't want to go home.

This winter stuff is pretty frikkin' cool (we got 8 more inches last friday).

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Yeah, it's great! I just started xc skiing this year as well, and I am completely hooked. I've got about 7 ski outings under my belt so far. The snow melted & turned to ice this week, though, so this is the first time since I was about 12yo that I'm actually wishing it would snow more!!! We might get 3-5 inches tonight, which would be great over the frozen base.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yeah, it's great! I just started xc skiing this year as well, and I am completely hooked. I've got about 7 ski outings under my belt so far. The snow melted & turned to ice this week, though, so this is the first time since I was about 12yo that I'm actually wishing it would snow more!!! We might get 3-5 inches tonight, which would be great over the frozen base.
Classic style or skate?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Snowshoeing and xc skiing are both very fun. I like skate but everyone here does classic. I go with the flow.. I like ice skating too. Winter is so much more fun when you get outside.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I wish I could xc or snowshoe... but to get enough snow to do that, it's like an hour drive. I'd be nice if I could do that out of my house.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
classic style.... kind of a hybrid of back country & touring. The group I go with does a lot of trail breaking, but it's on state forest trails. It's fun! :thumb:
Sweet! I be that is nice blazing a trail.

LO-I bet those are some primo trails though.

After I get the concept down I want to learn telemarking.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
After I get the concept down I want to learn telemarking.
Do you have any challenging downhills?

I don't tele, but isn't the climbing part pretty similar to xc (whereas the downhill part is much more fun on tele)?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Snow starts pretty early here in Butte - above 6500 feet has had over a foot of powder for about 2 weeks. I bought snowshoes and have been out twice so far. Powdery snow is way more fun than the wet snow on the west coast. The great part is I can get to some decent trails in about 10 minutes. I decided against XC skiing because of the travel time required.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Snow shoeing is a blast too & the dog can come!

We are expecting a small dusting Sunday night. Just bought a pair of DH skis last night. I hope the snow gods smile on us again this year.

I would kill for some real elevation. Any TV stations in Butte?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Snow shoeing is a blast too & the dog can come!

We are expecting a small dusting Sunday night. Just bought a pair of DH skis last night. I hope the snow gods smile on us again this year.

I would kill for some real elevation. Any TV stations in Butte?