Quantcast

Black and Chrome...

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
The build is my DJ/park/Urban/Highland bike. Frame is a Blk Mrkt Riot and almost everyting else is going to be new...

Spec list:

Riot, black, 21.5" tt, horizontal rear
Pike (from current bike)
Shadow Conspiracy Torrid cranks, black, silver euro Profile bb cups
Rennen Design 25t chainring, chrome
'We the people' headset, chrome
Thomson stem, 50mm black
Truvativ Hussefelt bar (from old bike), black
Woodman Bill SS rear hub, black, 36h, laced to black 721, silver DT spokes
Woodman Bill LTi front, black, 36h, laced to black 721, silver DT spokes
Riot Stick post, black
Surely clamp, chrome
HFX-9 rear brake
K-Rads

Just need a new seat and maybe replace the brake at some point. The bike will be black with black and chrome/silver parts. Best part is the single speed rear finally. Frame is due in the end of the week as is the clamp, post, rims and stem. Everything else I have.

The chainring is great since I can keep my 3/32" chain on and not have to go to a 1/8". Old school I know but I don't need the heavy chain as I can maintain the minimal stretch by adjusting the wheel. I never break chains so no need for the extra weight.. The chainring is supposed to look like a gear and has a different cut on the teeth as well as cut for a 3/32".

Building a front disc even though I only use a front brake occasionally. Just want one wheel and not have to build a dedicated front wheel with no disc capability...

Few pics:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
oh dear god, WCH....that bike of your is amazing.
The fork lowers, oh man...

Dirtbag, your ride going to look like that?
:-)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
everyone really seems to love the fork lowers. i have to give credit where credit is due, brad at Nemesis Project is the one who made it so beautiful...
Its because their so unique.
Most bikes, that have matching colors, dont have matching forks (unless they went out of their way)...but yours does.

P.S. For my bikes colors, I based them off of the fork I wanted so it would'nt throw everything off like 90% of the "color cordinated" bikes.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Wow WCH that bike is bright! My bike is pretty much black everywhere that yours is chrome!!

I don't have the frame yet and there is no good pic of it in black anywhere. I was thinking of painting the Pike chrome to match all of the parts but not sure how it would look. I will eventually get a new Pike or Argyle over the winter.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
nice d-bag. haha that sounded funny. the black/chrome riot is gonna be rad! i noticed the new rennen c/w on dans site. first pic i saw of it though

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Yes Rennen just got picked up by Dans recently. Great for them. I love custom stuff and wish them well. I was trying to decide which color to go with for the chainwheel, headset and seat clamp. Then I saw that and the chrome headset and figured a chrome parts list would look good on the black.

Plus the spokes and little pieces that are silver/chrome would blend in nicely. Also putting on chrome Rogue BMX grip ends. Currently have black..

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Its because their so unique.
Most bikes, that have matching colors, dont have matching forks (unless they went out of their way)...but yours does.

P.S. For my bikes colors, I based them off of the fork I wanted so it would'nt throw everything off like 90% of the "color cordinated" bikes.
WCH sled is the absence is color:clapping: