Quantcast

Black diamond area question

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Just a few questions..

Are there any "freeride" or Dh trails in the Black Diamond/ Maple Valley area?

Are there any trails in the Lake Saywer trail system that have logs, rocks, ladders, ect?

The area will be my new stomping grounds in about 6 months..

Thanks..........

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
There's a few stunts, take the first trail to the right after the gate and you'll see them. Go to the Black Diamond bike shop and grab a map for $2, there's a lot more than meets the eye and a map really helps. It tells where all the stunts and bridges are. The trail on the other side of the road is full of bridges, but the trail does not "flow" very good and I ended up walking a lot of it. As for roots, just ride any trail, there's enough roots and logs to hop. The area is pretty flat though, so no downhilling to be found.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hey man talk to the guys at Black Diamond Cycles.

The trails out there are not flowy at all, they are not designed to be, it's more of a finesse technical XC hammer deal than a gravity deal. Explore a little and you'll find some bridges, log rides, a few jumps and drops with terrible run outs and short flat approaches.

But the real deal isn't what is there now, but what "could" be in the future.

Ask about Maplewoods and what the possibilities and ideas that are floating around now.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
FatalExposure said:
Someone should find a nice flat plot out there and build a burly pump track! HINT!
Another option is to....
Get in the loop with BBTC and Black Diamond Cycles and try to get a legit permanant one done in the not to distant future.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Good idea, but not one I am going to be able to spearhead from the Hindu Kush mountain range if you know what I mean?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
FatalExposure said:
Good idea, but not one I am going to be able to spearhead from the Hindu Kush mountain range if you know what I mean?
They mined pretty deep in Black Diamond, you'd be suprised....