Quantcast

Black diamond jumps rebuilt!!!!

swisscirca

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Kent, Wa
The jumps formally at black diamond that were torn down about a year ago are being rebuilt. The church that took the jumps out before are now not only willing to let us build there agian, but they are in full support with the help of local builders and the evergreen mountain bike alliance, to build a ligetiment freeride park. Dirt is being hauled in as we speek!!!! The park currently has a facebook page known as ...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Black-Diamond-Freeride-Park/192729613730?ref=ts

Please check it out, this will be an amazing place to ride, build, and hang out.

Check back to the page for an upcoming kickoff party including jumps, digging, BBQ in the woods and a party at the local pub/restaraunt. We hope to show videos and have a raffle giveaway!

dbirds2

Chimp
Sep 15, 2007
we were out there about a month ago and did some work on the berm line. we also ran the main jump line it was rolling nice. is it still rolling or was it torn down to rebuildd the line. hopefully they keep it comparable to how it was it wasnt to big and the lips were not to booty. im thinking about hitting it tomorrow

Jun 29, 2009
WA
we were out there about a month ago and did some work on the berm line. we also ran the main jump line it was rolling nice. is it still rolling or was it torn down to rebuildd the line. hopefully they keep it comparable to how it was it wasnt to big and the lips were not to booty. im thinking about hitting it tomorrow
I have to agree with you. Booty jumps are never good. Those lips looked perfect. The last time i was out there i threw a little dirt on the berm trail to get it dailed. The run in on the jump line needed a little buffing and could be a little less pedally by putting some pumps or little doubles to get your speed up but, no complaints.

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
"booty jumps" are the best. Are you guys allowed to build some cool jumps cus a saw a bulldozer in the pics and you can build cool jumps with those

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
"booty jumps" are the best. Are you guys allowed to build some cool jumps cus a saw a bulldozer in the pics and you can build cool jumps with those
If you have bulldozer loads of booty under all the jumps people are going to be tearing the jumps down all the time to look for gold coins and stuff. I think they should just make steep jumps out of dirt and wood and stuff like kyle was sayin

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
ya thers plenty of jump learning places. like duthie and collonade. the northwest is lacking some steep lip jumps. theres like one or two spots. people need to stop living in fear. its not like i can go to oregon every day

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
monreo is hard tail/bmx trails. but if ur allowed to use a bulldozer then there needs to be some lofty jumps for big bikes. once again take oregon for example post and black rock all have jumps that give you much needed air and can be ridden on big bikes

Jun 29, 2009
WA
What used to be there were pretty pretty lippy jumps. But i think there main focus with the excavator is to make it a place where everyone can ride it.

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
i know right but some people get passed the level of "beginner" though. so they can ride lippy jumps which is the next step. its not like every one can move to oregon.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
just as long as there isn't booty under the jumps. I don't think you'll find a single pirate to bring booty all the way inland to black diamond.

dbirds2

Chimp
Sep 15, 2007
booty jumps are fine for hard suspension and if built right to match the terrain and flow of the trail. Most people dont build them properly and are butchered built. to each his own, i personally like bigger gaps with gradual take offs. The reason black rock and post jumps are so fine for bigger bikes is the flow of the trails and the quality of the work. in my opinion black rock is the best in the west

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
exactly washington needs a place pirates would want to go to too! steven has too deal with pirates every time he rides only cus he lives in oregon. its not fair

Last edited:

you're slow!

Chimp
Dec 14, 2009
Everyone please relax! There will be all kinds of jumps in our park. We are building with a focus on progressive skills development including steep lippy jumps. The B-line is 75% percent finished now and is rad! We should be digging on the bigger jump line next weekend. This will be similar to the original build from years ago but with more jumps and a major upgrade in build quality. This will end up being the "medium" line. Let the rumors fly from there!

Please check the MySpace or check in with Black Diamond Bike and Backcountry for upcoming projects and events.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I say who ever is putting in the work gets to build the lips how they like them. Portland has a lot of dirt jump spots in town but for big bikes post or blk rock for sure.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Even though bickering over lips doesn't show alot of maturity, i think the mt. bike scene has done alot of maturing in the past few years, just a little.;)

Just remembering this debacle.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206149&highlight=life+church

This is a pretty big deal really, i mean this is the first private landowner that i know of, that is allowing public trails to be created and accessed. i understand you guys using this forum as a wish list, of course when ya help dig, that's how you get what you want, and yah that takes effort and time. You become a regular and you get a voice that deserves being listened to over others who just type in requests via intrawebbe...

So i would hope riders respect and appreciate what is happening there now, it really is a first of a kind deal. We should all do what we can as to not screw it up, which would be going in and digging there without permission for instance.(i'm not saying anyone reading this would do that):)

Props to the Church folk, to the handful of mt. bikers that went above and beyond to take the time to make this happen, and i'm hopeful that this is just the start of bigger and better really, if we play our cards right.

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
it sounds good so far. cus its possible to have jumps with all kinds of lips and steepness in one spot you know like progression. i know people are scared of lippy jumps and i dont blame them. but they need to learn somewhere!! then the place will be full of pirates from the south sea.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Not so true Tim. The Pilchuck Tree Farm up north have been letting the public build up there for over a decade. ONLY with permission from the PRA and the tree farm management. But, still progressive about it. Though this is also very cool as well and I applaud everyone who worked with the land owner and who is currently working on this project. Pretty awesome.

Even if they don't have steep, lippy 50 foot booters so I can actually feel like I'm accomplishing something... ;)

livewakesnow

Monkey
Nov 19, 2008
woodinville
oh these jumps are sick. me scotty and pip went there in like september or august and the church and cut limbs down and they were scattered everywhere.
we managed to clear the first like 6 or 7 doubles in the main line and ride it.
id ride there again!:thumb:

Jun 29, 2009
WA
Props to you guys and the kids that were out there too. I give props to the kids that went out there and redid the berms and spent time redoing lips and landings and starting to put new jumps in.

swisscirca

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Kent, Wa
Even though bickering over lips doesn't show alot of maturity, i think the mt. bike scene has done alot of maturing in the past few years, just a little.;)

Just remembering this debacle.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206149&highlight=life+church

This is a pretty big deal really, i mean this is the first private landowner that i know of, that is allowing public trails to be created and accessed. i understand you guys using this forum as a wish list, of course when ya help dig, that's how you get what you want, and yah that takes effort and time. You become a regular and you get a voice that deserves being listened to over others who just type in requests via intrawebbe...

So i would hope riders respect and appreciate what is happening there now, it really is a first of a kind deal. We should all do what we can as to not screw it up, which would be going in and digging there without permission for instance.(i'm not saying anyone reading this would do that):)

Props to the Church folk, to the handful of mt. bikers that went above and beyond to take the time to make this happen, and i'm hopeful that this is just the start of bigger and better really, if we play our cards right.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the ****!

don't worry people this place will be cool!

COME CHECK IT OUT

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Holy crap......I'm gonna try to get down there this weekend.....sounds sick!!:thumb:

Is the "area" flat or is there some fall line to it?

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Oh there are some jumps being built there. 30+ berms on 1 trail and 2 jumps line as of right now. Jump lines aren't complete but looking awesome

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
hold on, hold on, hold on. Somebody is building JUMPS??? Don't you know somebody could get hurt on those? We need to find out who this is and stop them.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Pretty much really fun:thumb: Road A & B line....mostly A,did NOT check out the berm line but my buddies did and said it was sweet.....it looked sweet from the push trail to the top but I was too lazy to give it a whirl:rolleyes:

We stacked dirt on the B line for an hour or so,to pay back a little, then headed off to Duthie for an afternoon sesh.....super fun day:D

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Props to those invovled with bring that place back from the dead and making it better than ever. It was fun to hit the berm trail again and all the new work is looking pro.

Pullshocks

Chimp
Mar 2, 2005
Went down to Black Diamond and rode around for a couple hours without stumbling on the freeride park. It appears the bike shop has moved too, and I couldn't find it either.
Is there a map or can somebody describe how to get to it? Hope the trails stay this nice for next weekend too.