Quantcast

Black diamond park

DHmaverick

Chimp
Sep 8, 2008
Hey guys I am just getting back into riding again after taking a break for a little bit and i am wonderin if someone could tell me how to get to the down hill stuff? I know how to get to black diamond just not the downhill stuff

thanks
nate

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Summit ridge freeride park is where the downhilly stuff is. See the thread about the jumps being rebuilt. Skookum sums it up well.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Park over by the coal kart off of 169 about a 1.5 miles past 4 corners. Across the street from parking lot is a gate. Go through there and take the second left. Follow that until you get to top of trails. Please don't do any work unless the builders are there. Enjoy

DHmaverick

Chimp
Sep 8, 2008
hey guys went out to the park today to do some riding and loved it. its a sweet spot to ride. lookin to get out there and help do some work and do alot of riding

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Park over by the coal kart off of 169 about a 1.5 miles past 4 corners. Across the street from parking lot is a gate. Go through there and take the second left. Follow that until you get to top of trails. Please don't do any work unless the builders are there. Enjoy
I have a question for a local such as yourself:D:

The two times I have been there....once I parked on the East side of the HWY....off to the side of the gate with some other cars..I must emphasize that the gate was TOTALLY UNOBSTRUCTED.

The next time I noticed that no one was parked by the gate....everyone was parked on the West side of the HWY(Coal cart side) and the parking area was PACKED so I had to wiggle my little car in.I was nervous to park by the Gate as I had done before as no one else was.

Questions:

Is it OK to park by the gate as long as it is left totally clear for Church property access?

If you park across from the gate(ie. on the Coal cart side) do ALL your car tires have to be off the road/paved shoulder surface so you don't get a ticket?

What is availability of the little excavator for your building efforts? Are you Locals renting it or barrowing [it] from the church?

TIA.....:headbang:

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I'm unsure what the parking situation is like close to the coal carts so I'm of no help there. I usually park down the street just a little bit up the road from 288th. I find it easier to park there and seem to never have any issues with getting in and out. If you do have issues parking up by the coal cart you can also park over by the bike shop and have a nice warm up ride before getting on the freeride trails. As for excavators that have been used there they have been donated by the local builders. If you are interested in donating an excavator I suggest talking with Bryan or Dennis Little. Both of those guys are really good folks to work with and can be usually found there on the weekends with a shovel in hand. Most likely we will be there this Saturday if you or anyone else feels like throwing some dirt around.

Jun 23, 2009
Questions:

Is it OK to park by the gate as long as it is left totally clear for Church property access?

If you park across from the gate(ie. on the Coal cart side) do ALL your car tires have to be off the road/paved shoulder surface so you don't get a ticket?

What is availability of the little excavator for your building efforts? Are you Locals renting it or barrowing [it] from the church?

TIA.....:headbang:
It's alright to park by the gate as long as you don't obstruct the County Gate for obvious reasons. Hopefully there will be somewhat of a parking lot there soon.

If the Coal Cart is full, it's best to park across the street from the coal cart in front the gate and either take the sweet single track in or ride the road or park up the road near the county gate.

The excavator is operated by a church volunteer in his spare time and has been mainly used on the roads.

*We are just getting started out there and we still need a lot of help to make that place the kick ass place we want it to be. Everyone can show your support and appreciation with a shovel. The sooner we get other things situated, the sooner get can get on with finishing Gannonball Run. It's a nice run but it's only half finished. Come on out and do a little riding and some shoveling.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
My question about the excavator was a bit of a loaded question.

The "berm line" and "B-line" are trails that are better built/worked on by hand....more subtle features and "swoopy" flow in and outa corners. The "A-line",IMO,would be a great use of the excavator(duh)....more so considering that Brian C. doesn't like to use wood filler....just dirt:thumb: If you are allowed to run an excavator on the Church property,with their blessing, then GO NUTS!!

Could you guys rent your own,with financial help from the " bike community"?

Could you barrow the churchs as long as you had a qualified operator that pleased the church.

Have a work party (or three) to clear the path of the A-line down the hill....lay out all the lips and landings,pre-mark barrow pits,pre think drainage etc. "Get" excavator to rough all the jumps in and do the bulk of the dirt moving.Spend the next week shaping by hand and fine tuning.

I am 100% sure you guys have thought of all this already......I am just asking because I am curious and after all this is a forum for the discussing of riding:D

Feb 6, 2010
This forum actually made me sign up and waste my breath. Soap box below, readers beware:
i just read the forum and now I know why some people cant progress......er....they are not practicing and going beyond their comfort zone(Sheep). I may never post on here again because I'd rather be riding so dont expect a response. Havn't jumped a DH bike in my life and hit this stuff on my Sunday with thoughtful practice, good health, a little hesitation, solid background on a bicyle, and more practice. The lines at BD rock and more will be built. Bigger the better, as long as they are built CORRECTLY. If u can;t hang, go somewhere else and throw your weak meat off a jump with a flat transition, warped lips, or broken logs. When this place is done everyone who knows whats up will patronize the place to keep it open, have a great time, and occasionaly get knocked around a bit. Progression happens because of vision and experience put in action. We all live to ride and no matter what, we should hang together, not argue about what should be. Summit Ridge is alive with everyones help, and will continue to be killer if we all work together. Lets plant some veggie-t-ation this weekend, drop cash to stimulate the local businesses, and proove we can make dreams come true for young rippers to make it big. All the efforts will open more parks around the state and keep them for years to come. I am from Oregon and hate that drive on I-5. Lets keep it local and build it bigger, better, more technical with sustainability in mind. We want to attract people from the Shore, Post, Black Rock, and anywhere else our bike community builds. Life is too short, p/u a shovel and learn to build so you can ride it when your done, or anywhere else sweetness is created. Stoked to see Duthie, Collonade, PA, SRFRP, and all the great involvement making things happen. It reminds me of skate parks 10 years ago, and now there is one in every town keeping kids of the couch. oh yeh, KILL UR TV.

dbirds2

Chimp
Sep 15, 2007
R
Hey guys I am just getting back into riding again after taking a break for a little bit and i am wonderin if someone could tell me how to get to the down hill stuff? I know how to get to black diamond just not the downhill stuff

thanks
nate
There is no downhill there. Send me a pm and I will give you some downhill information. Keep the mountain in mountain biking.

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
i agree with some stuff regrd skills said. so baisicly bikes are cool and so is BD. tv is not the problem these days its violent video games and fast food. its time to keep the biking in mountain biking. remember dont egg on your freinds that they can hit the jumps when its a little beyond there skill level. it may just put both of them in the hospital and that aint cool. best idea dont ride untill the condition is perfect.