Quantcast

$$Black Ice Tewsday$$

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Going to my friend's wedding and fighting someone isn't cool at all.
That's a selfish outlook.
The only weddings I clearly remember are ones with fights or similar shenanigans.
Wedding gifts are temporary, memories last a lifetime.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I am being asked in for an in person. I feel really good about this, but I have been very wrong so far, so I am trying to stay realistic.

Meanwhile in my day job, I have almost nothing to do and the folks who should care, don't. This will be a long month...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Checking in. Just got out of a 3.5 hour on-site interview. Man was that exhausting.

Here's to hoping they, or someone else, sends me an offer soon. I'd like to have options.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Re: unlimited PTO - Everybody director level and up has "unlimited" PTO at my company, yet they all work too much to actually take any PTO, and senior management is always looking for data to see how much PTO the director and up population is taking so they can watch for abuse. "Unlimited" though. :think:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I turned down a job offer because if that work arrangement. They couldn't believe I was serious.
Been there done that, it sucks a royal arse, especially when you need to join frequent meetings.
Hoping I'll be out of here before the office reorg happens.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Re: unlimited PTO - Everybody director level and up has "unlimited" PTO at my company, yet they all work too much to actually take any PTO, and senior management is always looking for data to see how much PTO the director and up population is taking so they can watch for abuse. "Unlimited" though. :think:
Cause of course they are. My wife's boss's company is going after an employee for taking too much PTO, even though they have an unlimited PTO policy.

Methinks it's just an open ended way to make people take less. One of those, when its given you feel entitled to take it all, but when you must ask for it you'll do so less frequently.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
how many people in your company?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cause of course they are. My wife's boss's company is going after an employee for taking too much PTO, even though they have an unlimited PTO policy.

Methinks it's just an open ended way to make people take less. One of those, when its given you feel entitled to take it all, but when you must ask for it you'll do so less frequently.
I think as a concept it is a great idea. My job has rarely required 40 hours a week to get what I get done, yet at half effort I look like a rockstar. But if I could do a 3 day weekend every other week, or a 4 day weekend every month to get Frita out and you want me to take PTO so you feel I am actually working less, I am ok with that.

If I don't have to sweat how much PTO I have on hand, that too is a nice perk. But I don't see abusing it if it isn't an issue when asked for it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have my client's phone numbers sent directly to voicemail. I answer their "call me back" message with an email. After 16 years I can't understand they haven't figured out that I hate talking to them on the phone.
and yet they've been been your client for 16 years :rofl:

I have my client's phone numbers sent directly to voicemail. I answer their "call me back" message with an email. After 16 years I can't understand they haven't figured out that I hate talking to them on the phone.
I always preferred talking over email.

For those who could not be depended upon, used followup email to review and record what had been discussed.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That looks like a luxury crib. Our office is moving towards the open space / long desks model. :fie: :twitch: :disgust1:
Maybe Portland is ahead (or behind) the curve. But I worked in a few "open" offices and it sucks. Being able to just holler at someone without getting up is great for only the one hollering. Most if not all offices around here have gone back to even small cubes.

Mine is mid sized, but I love not having folks around. There are like 5 people on this side of the building and there are about 40 cubes.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I always preferred talking over email.

For those who could not be depended upon, used followup email to review and record what had been discussed.
If it was business only I wouldn't mind that much, but when they try to get into my personal life I draw the line. Not like we have 1% affinity.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I have been to the dentist so many times for this grafting and implant that I have lost all fear of the dentist office. The nurses know me. There's a comfy chair and a blanket where you can relax. They got a dog. Someone occasionally subjects you to severe pain. It's like home.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I have been to the dentist so many times for this grafting and implant that I have lost all fear of the dentist office. The nurses know me. There's a comfy chair and a blanket where you can relax. They got a dog. Someone occasionally subjects you to severe pain. It's like home.
There’s a dog at a dentist‘s office?
this is amazing.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh, so I got a phone call and voicemail from the place I really want to get an offer from, and the lady said to call her back because she wanted to chat. No indication one way or another whether she wanted to talk about good things, or bad things. I tried calling her back several times over the course of the afternoon with no response.

How annoying.