Quantcast

$$Black Ice Tewsday$$

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cause of course they are. My wife's boss's company is going after an employee for taking too much PTO, even though they have an unlimited PTO policy.

Methinks it's just an open ended way to make people take less. One of those, when its given you feel entitled to take it all, but when you must ask for it you'll do so less frequently.
Because it is. I told my new boss the old earned vacation structure and that at a minimum I plan on staying on it with a little bit of flex. He said 'okay' and we moved on. I have a screen grab of my accrued annual vacation from end of 2019 so if they challenge me on it, I have it to push back on. We'll see how it plays out long-term...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Oh, so I got a phone call and voicemail from the place I really want to get an offer from, and the lady said to call her back because she wanted to chat. No indication one way or another whether she wanted to talk about good things, or bad things. I tried calling her back several times over the course of the afternoon with no response.

How annoying.
If I had to make a guess, you got the job. She would not leave a voicemail otherwise.

So I got a job offer today. It looks very good with one "tiny" catch - my manager is different from the original job description and it makes a world of difference to me. I am half confused half disappointed, will seek explanation tomorrow.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So hey, I am 2-2 this round. I have an in person scheduled for Friday and another pending either Thursday or next week. Still gotta do homework for the third gig, I might pass it to a buddy who is actually qualified.